MIT Media Lab: Fall 2019 Interviews

mc13

On 2/20/2019 at 6:59 AM, crazycheese8 said:

Do you mean Feb 26?

Also – the Admissions Timeline website (https://www.media.mit.edu/posts/admissions-timeline/) says decisions are emailed on March 1. Does anyone know if that means on March 1 or by March 1?

The Website mentions March 1 will be the day when they send out decisions via email. I didn't have an interview scheduled yet by the Fluid interfaces and Tangible Media Group, although I had multiple visits on my portfolio. I am kinda feeling anxious at the moment. 

6 hours ago, Bazinga! said:

The Website mentions March 1 will be the day when they send out decisions via email. I didn't have an interview scheduled yet by the Fluid interfaces and Tangible Media Group, although I had multiple visits on my portfolio. I am kinda feeling anxious at the moment. 

I didn't indicate TMG/FI in my application but emailed the PIs anyway. TMG admin replied to me saying they are still reviewing applications, after which will send out interviews to selected candidates later. FI did not reply. But I did get some visits to my portfolio, whose link I included in my email. So I feel like if they were impressed it shouldn't have taken this long...

2 hours ago, zjh said:

I didn't indicate TMG/FI in my application but emailed the PIs anyway. TMG admin replied to me saying they are still reviewing applications, after which will send out interviews to selected candidates later. FI did not reply. But I did get some visits to my portfolio, whose link I included in my email. So I feel like if they were impressed it shouldn't have taken this long...

May I know when you got the reply from TMG?

Just got an email I've been wait-listed.

edit: I did not have a formal interview. I happened to meet POI a few times in December and talked about being a student, so we have had what is equivalent to informal interviews, but they were unplanned and unscheduled. 

Edited by eigenanxiety

13 minutes ago, eigenanxiety said:

edit: I did not have a formal interview. I happened to meet POI a few times in December and talked about being a student, so we have had what is equivalent to informal interviews, but they were unplanned and unscheduled. 

same. Which group are you applying to?

14 minutes ago, eigenanxiety said:

Same as in waitlisted, but I did not have any interviews

I wish I could leave something for future applicants: don't simply believe their claim that they are weighing mostly on your portfolio. You may still get filtered by your undergrad institution, GPA, recommendation letters, and get zero portfolio visits throughout the game. Since you have no way to report your GRE, this time you have no way to compensate for your academic background. It may also be better if you have a chance to visit the lab in person and build some connections - without connections, it seems much harder to get in, or even simply get a glance at your folder.