Jump to content
mc13

MIT Media Lab: Fall 2019 Interviews

Recommended Posts

On 2/20/2019 at 6:59 AM, crazycheese8 said:

Do you mean Feb 26?

Also – the Admissions Timeline website (https://www.media.mit.edu/posts/admissions-timeline/) says decisions are emailed on March 1. Does anyone know if that means on March 1 or by March 1?

The Website mentions March 1 will be the day when they send out decisions via email. I didn't have an interview scheduled yet by the Fluid interfaces and Tangible Media Group, although I had multiple visits on my portfolio. I am kinda feeling anxious at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bazinga! said:

The Website mentions March 1 will be the day when they send out decisions via email. I didn't have an interview scheduled yet by the Fluid interfaces and Tangible Media Group, although I had multiple visits on my portfolio. I am kinda feeling anxious at the moment. 

I didn't indicate TMG/FI in my application but emailed the PIs anyway. TMG admin replied to me saying they are still reviewing applications, after which will send out interviews to selected candidates later. FI did not reply. But I did get some visits to my portfolio, whose link I included in my email. So I feel like if they were impressed it shouldn't have taken this long...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zjh said:

I didn't indicate TMG/FI in my application but emailed the PIs anyway. TMG admin replied to me saying they are still reviewing applications, after which will send out interviews to selected candidates later. FI did not reply. But I did get some visits to my portfolio, whose link I included in my email. So I feel like if they were impressed it shouldn't have taken this long...

May I know when you got the reply from TMG?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got an email I've been wait-listed.

edit: I did not have a formal interview. I happened to meet POI a few times in December and talked about being a student, so we have had what is equivalent to informal interviews, but they were unplanned and unscheduled. 

Edited by eigenanxiety

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, eigenanxiety said:

Just got an email I've been wait-listed.

edit: I did not have a formal interview. I happened to meet POI a few times in December and talked about being a student, so we have had what is equivalent to informal interviews, but they were unplanned and unscheduled. 

same. Which group are you applying to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, eigenanxiety said:

Just got an email I've been wait-listed.

edit: I did not have a formal interview. I happened to meet POI a few times in December and talked about being a student, so we have had what is equivalent to informal interviews, but they were unplanned and unscheduled. 

Same as in waitlisted, but I did not have any interviews

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Mt_Kilimanjaro said:

May I know when you got the reply from TMG?

7 days ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, anxiousgradstudent said:

I just got my acceptance. 

Where did u get your results? The application portal or did u received an email?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

people on the forum started to receive emails? I am not sure where we are 

To the people getting accepted, is the email from MAS or from the PI ? 

Edited by bounty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anxiety to crushing defeat. Rejected. It came through the email address I listed in my application.

Good luck everybody.

Edited by Doomnometron
clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I could leave something for future applicants: don't simply believe their claim that they are weighing mostly on your portfolio. You may still get filtered by your undergrad institution, GPA, recommendation letters, and get zero portfolio visits throughout the game. Since you have no way to report your GRE, this time you have no way to compensate for your academic background. It may also be better if you have a chance to visit the lab in person and build some connections - without connections, it seems much harder to get in, or even simply get a glance at your folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, anxiousgradstudent said:

email !!

I’m surprised I haven’t heard anything from them yet. I wonder what they are upto??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.