Columbia Strategic Communication

svk21

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2019 at 9:12 AM, dubbs44 said:

Another applicant for F19, here! I haven't submitted yet, still working on SoP. Have you received a decision?

Not yet. Did end up switching program paths, so it's likely I'll hear back in the next few weeks. 

• 3 weeks later...

Still no word and my anxiety is getting the best of me, since I applied back in October for the NYC track, 12/1 deadline. ? I ended up switching to SF track in early January after speaking to the advisor, which is a 1/15 deadline, so if they stay within their noted timeframe, the end of next week would be the latest I could hear back from them. Still losing my mind though. LOL.

Hi there, fellow SPS applicants here. I'm also applying to the School of Professional Studies at Columbia. I submitted my online application on Jan 30.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but how long were your required documents finally marked as received after submitting your application?

Mine has not marked as received 4 weeks after submission, while all of the document has been delivered last January.. Have emailed them 2 times with 2 weeks interval but haven't got any reply.

Greatly appreciate if you can help provide information on this! So anxious right now.. 

Best of luck for your applications! :)

Edited by michafute

On 2/27/2019 at 2:45 PM, ssv003 said:

Thanks! lol Still nothing yet. 

Just got a decision via email. I got in! ?

6 hours ago, michafute said:

Hi there, fellow SPS applicants here. I'm also applying to the School of Professional Studies at Columbia. I submitted my online application on Jan 30.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but how long were your required documents finally marked as received after submitting your application?

Mine has not marked as received 4 weeks after submission, while all of the document has been delivered last January.. Have emailed them 2 times with 2 weeks interval but haven't got any reply.

Greatly appreciate if you can help provide information on this! So anxious right now.. 

Best of luck for your applications! :)

I applied in the off-season (last October), so it only took a day to get marked as received. Perhaps you could give them a call? I'm sure they are so busy. I totally understand; it would make me anxious, too. Best of luck!

On 3/1/2019 at 6:56 AM, ssv003 said:

Just got a decision via email. I got in! ?

I applied in the off-season (last October), so it only took a day to get marked as received. Perhaps you could give them a call? I'm sure they are so busy. I totally understand; it would make me anxious, too. Best of luck!

Congratulations! Happy for you! I wish you all the best in your graduate study. 

Also, thank you for the tips. :)Now, some of the documents are finally marked as received. They finally made an update after one month. I guess they still won't release the decision soon, but at least now it gets closer and closer. 

2 hours ago, dubbs44 said:

Yup -- I only just submitted my application a week ago, so now the waiting begins ?

Ahh, I know exactly where you are. Fingers crossed and wishing you the best! Please let us know when you hear back!

On 3/7/2019 at 9:32 AM, michafute said:

Congratulations! Happy for you! I wish you all the best in your graduate study. 

Also, thank you for the tips. :)Now, some of the documents are finally marked as received. They finally made an update after one month. I guess they still won't release the decision soon, but at least now it gets closer and closer. 

Thank you very much! You as well. I do hope you will find out sooner than later! The waiting made me so nervous ? 

Congratulations @ssv003

I applied to the NYC track and am hoping to hear back this week or the next. The wait is excruciating. 

My docs are marked as not received too and this really set off my anxiety when it hadn't changed last night. Called them today and they said it may take a while longer because they received more apps than expected. Asked me check back in a week if it still hadn't been changed. 

?? Hoping for good things. All the best to you too!

19 hours ago, karish10 said:

Congratulations @ssv003

I applied to the NYC track and am hoping to hear back this week or the next. The wait is excruciating. 

My docs are marked as not received too and this really set off my anxiety when it hadn't changed last night. Called them today and they said it may take a while longer because they received more apps than expected. Asked me check back in a week if it still hadn't been changed. 

?? Hoping for good things. All the best to you too!

Thank you!!

It absolutely is excruciating! Please keep us updated. Hoping for good things also! 

Edited by ssv003

Applied back in January (early action 2) but had missing documents that I just submitted. Anyone know if my application will still be reviewed as an early applicant or will it be pushed back to after April 1 (regular decision)?

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, dubbs44 said:

Accepted, yay!!!! 

Yay!!!!! Congrats! Will you be heading to campus for the admitted students event this weekend?

On 4/5/2019 at 12:00 PM, dubbs44 said:

No :( I live in NYC but I had prior plans. Are you going this weekend?

Yes, I attended. If you have any questions, please send me a PM. Would be happy to fill you in!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2019 at 10:27 AM, ssv003 said:

Thank you!!

It absolutely is excruciating! Please keep us updated. Hoping for good things also! 

Just heard back a few days ago and I'm in! Super excited!

And now I'm swimming in loan and enrolment paperwork! :)

4 hours ago, lc62 said:

Did anyone else have to do a Re Vera check? Not sure what this is or if it'll delay my application. Can someone clarify? Thanks!

Hey! Yes, I had to authorise verification of my documents through Re Vera as soon as I got my acceptance. I think it's standard for everyone. I tried to find out how long the verification process takes (in case it impacts my visa documents) but they only gave me a "deadline" of July 10, which isn't exactly helpful.