verosanchez

9 hours ago, calmchili said:

Got rejected by UW-Seattle on Feb 15 :(. Thankfully, they didn't notice me on Valentine's Day

its interesting how different schools are looking for different things. I see you did get accepted to some good schools! i have one rejection so far too. 

10 hours ago, doctormelody said:

Ah, I'm sorry to hear this. Looks like you've already received acceptances to some great schools, though! 

6 hours ago, Capturedvitality said:

its interesting how different schools are looking for different things. I see you did get accepted to some good schools! i have one rejection so far too. 

Thank you guys. Wish you good luck!

I'm new to this forum but anyone else apply to Virginia Commonwealth University, George Mason, Upenn, and UNC and still not heard yet? I just had my interview with Upenn today!

I am also applying to southern cali, UMD Baltimore, Michigan at Ann Arbor and WUSTL/Brown at Missouri, Has anyone been accepted to these or have any pointers?? 

Good luck to all and congrats to so many already!

5 hours ago, gabbasworld said:

Super late to the party! I've heard from 2/7 schools I applied to (Rutgers and UT Austin). Still waiting from Boston College, University of Houston, CWRU, UTK, and UCLA. Glad to see others are hearing back!!

Hi! When did you hear back from UT Austin and when did you apply? Currently waiting to hear back from them. Thanks!

28 minutes ago, emdobrow said:

Hi! When did you hear back from UT Austin and when did you apply? Currently waiting to hear back from them. Thanks!

I submitted my application on 12/31, and I got the official acceptance letter update from the graduate school on 2/16. I also got notified by the School of Social Work again this morning.

Took a super big risk and only applied to SUNY Albany because i needed a state school and i love the look of their internships in aging program second semester! 3.58 undergrad gpa, internship experience in long term care facilities, a post grad position as an Activities Coordinator in a long term care facility and currently the Activities Manager for a Skilled Nursing Unit! Has anyone heard back from UAlbany, yet?

On 2/18/2019 at 12:38 PM, natkay said:

I'm new to this forum but anyone else apply to Virginia Commonwealth University, George Mason, Upenn, and UNC and still not heard yet? I just had my interview with Upenn today!

I am also applying to southern cali, UMD Baltimore, Michigan at Ann Arbor and WUSTL/Brown at Missouri, Has anyone been accepted to these or have any pointers?? 

Good luck to all and congrats to so many already!

Hi!

I didn't apply to VCU, Mason or UNC but I do have friends that did. VCU is conducting most of their interviews (for advanced standing) currently. 

I also applied to USC and got accepted on 2/4!

Hello everyone!

First off, congrats to all those who have gotten into their respected programs already and to those who have gotten interviews as well! Those are major accomplishments and you should all be so proud of getting this far. To those who have not heard anything back from the schools that they applied to, please do not lose hope! Most schools are barely starting to hold interviews if pertinent to their program and/or are just sending out acceptances. So try not to be discouraged! 

Specifically to my CSUN peeps out there, I'm curious to know if any of you have heard back from admissions if you've already interviewed. I interviewed a week ago and was told that they were going to try to get back to us as soon as possible but that it could take as long as May 15th for a response. I am really hoping that it will not take that long because it has only been a week and the wait is eating me alive lol. 

Please feel free to comment back and share how your experience is going as we are going through this hell of a rollercoaster ride together. Thanks you all! :) 

2 hours ago, rrobinson said:

Took a super big risk and only applied to SUNY Albany because i needed a state school and i love the look of their internships in aging program second semester! 3.58 undergrad gpa, internship experience in long term care facilities, a post grad position as an Activities Coordinator in a long term care facility and currently the Activities Manager for a Skilled Nursing Unit! Has anyone heard back from UAlbany, yet?

I applied to their full time regular track (2 years) in early January and haven’t heard back yet either. I know their official deadline was January 30th and it’s not rolling admissions so I’m not expecting to hear back anytime soon... but it would be great if we did!!

2 hours ago, micaela22 said:

Hi!

I didn't apply to VCU, Mason or UNC but I do have friends that did. VCU is conducting most of their interviews (for advanced standing) currently. 

I also applied to USC and got accepted on 2/4!

Congrats, on campus or online?

3 hours ago, ML878 said:

I applied to their full time regular track (2 years) in early January and haven’t heard back yet either. I know their official deadline was January 30th and it’s not rolling admissions so I’m not expecting to hear back anytime soon... but it would be great if we did!!

I applied to the full time 2 year track as well, but applied in October 2018. I had everything I needed, but when the job opportunity came around, I waited to apply until after id taken it and worked the experience into my statement of intent. a friend of a friend applied for the advanced track and heard back last week, so I'm really starting to get nervous.

16 minutes ago, rrobinson said:

I applied to the full time 2 year track as well, but applied in October 2018. I had everything I needed, but when the job opportunity came around, I waited to apply until after id taken it and worked the experience into my statement of intent. a friend of a friend applied for the advanced track and heard back last week, so I'm really starting to get nervous.

Ooh wow you definitely applied early—hoping that means your application for regular track is on top of their list. I think generally schools notify advanced standing students first, so it makes sense that person heard back already. And maybe there’s hope the regular track will hear back soon too !

13 minutes ago, lunary said:

I'm booking my flight to Chicago for the UC Admitted Students Day! Can't believe it's coming up so quickly. I've also already started some remote interviews for my field placement. Fingers crossed that I get the one I want. ?

Wow that is so exciting!!! That is so awesome you know where you’re going and have already started the field placements process :)

18 hours ago, MSWDUDE19 said:

Hello everyone!

First off, congrats to all those who have gotten into their respected programs already and to those who have gotten interviews as well! Those are major accomplishments and you should all be so proud of getting this far. To those who have not heard anything back from the schools that they applied to, please do not lose hope! Most schools are barely starting to hold interviews if pertinent to their program and/or are just sending out acceptances. So try not to be discouraged! 

Specifically to my CSUN peeps out there, I'm curious to know if any of you have heard back from admissions if you've already interviewed. I interviewed a week ago and was told that they were going to try to get back to us as soon as possible but that it could take as long as May 15th for a response. I am really hoping that it will not take that long because it has only been a week and the wait is eating me alive lol. 

Please feel free to comment back and share how your experience is going as we are going through this hell of a rollercoaster ride together. Thanks you all! :) 

Interviewed at CSUN last week as well! No word yet on a decision. Best of luck!