verosanchez

On 2/22/2019 at 9:26 PM, BoldNBrave said:

Hi everyone! I've been checking out the different forums to see who my future classmates would be. I heard back from CSUEB on 02/21 and I got Accepted and I got an email notification from UC. Berkeley today that I was also Accepted! I'm just waiting for SJSU. 

Hi! Congrats on your acceptances!! I was just wondering if you've had any change in your application status for the online portal for East Bay?  I'm anxiously waiting for a letter and trying to figure out if I can get any insight on the portal status or not. Congrats again!! :) 

Hi there. I applied to Fordham (accepted) and Hunter (pending interview), and am still waiting for two recommendations to complete my NYU application. Fordham gave me 30 business days to reply. How do I ask for an extension? I have no idea when the Hunter interview will happen. 

17 minutes ago, verialex13 said:

Hi there. I applied to Fordham (accepted) and Hunter (pending interview), and am still waiting for two recommendations to complete my NYU application. Fordham gave me 30 business days to reply. How do I ask for an extension? I have no idea when the Hunter interview will happen. 

Request a "two week deposit extension". They only grant extensions for two weeks at a time. Here is what they sent me:

The Admission Committee has reviewed your request and has granted you a two week deposit extension. The $250 non-refundable acceptance deposit is now due **

If you are still unable to make the deposit by ** a second request for an extension can be submitted to gssadmission@fordham.edu . Please keep in mind that class registration and field placement is dependent upon the acceptance deposit.

Edited by RestlesslyWaiting

12 hours ago, RestlesslyWaiting said:

Request a "two week deposit extension". They only grant extensions for two weeks at a time. Here is what they sent me:

The Admission Committee has reviewed your request and has granted you a two week deposit extension. The $250 non-refundable acceptance deposit is now due **

If you are still unable to make the deposit by ** a second request for an extension can be submitted to gssadmission@fordham.edu . Please keep in mind that class registration and field placement is dependent upon the acceptance deposit.

That is very helpful. I just wrote to them. I like the program, just don't want to make decisions without other options on the table. 

@MikaylaBowers Hi! I haven't checked my CSUEB portal yet but I was notified via mail. Looking back on previous posts from pasts years of CSUEB applicants they indicated that the initial group of accepted students get their letters first and then if they turn down the offer, that open up spots for the second batch of applicants to be offered acceptance to the program. I was given the deadline of 03/15 to decide and I was instructed to mail back a letter that would indicate if I accepted their offer or not. 

24 minutes ago, toofunny said:

I need updates as I wait very impatiently for my own decisions! Has anyone heard anything recently?

UMich had a meeting Friday to decide who is accepted or not. We’ll find out in the next few weeks.

1 minute ago, LNH206 said:

Received an acceptance to the UW Seattle Day Program yesterday afternoon! I'm super delighted as I only applied to UW and Berkeley and was rejected from Berkeley around last week. 

Congrats, getting a rejection is like eating bad seafood and then getting hit in the gut...

Edited by Tomlinson87

12 hours ago, Tamarariel said:

If you don't mind me asking, was it via email or mail? And were you offered any scholarships?

It was via email. I was offered 15,000 in scholarships. I told them BC gave me 20,000 they said they would see if they could give me more. 

50 minutes ago, mnvt said:

I received no funding from Berkeley. Is it dumb to take out about $70,000 in loans when I already have $20,000 for undergrad? Anyone else in the same boat?

The choice is ultimately up to you but paying $90,000 in loans plus interest on a social workers salary isn’t ideal. I would go to the school that gives you the most aid 

7 hours ago, mnvt said:

I received no funding from Berkeley. Is it dumb to take out about $70,000 in loans when I already have $20,000 for undergrad? Anyone else in the same boat?

Not a chance.

I have $50k in debt from my undergrad at Penn State. I'm trying to keep it under $30K for grad school. Not so easy! My student loan payments are like a second mortgage. If j could have cut cost, you bet I would of. But I was foolish in my undergrad. The most important thing is that your program is CSWE accredited. Obviously, it is ultimately your call, but for me, I would never pay more than I absolutely had to. I learned that the hard way and regret it. Social work isnt  often exactly a lucrative career either. 

27 minutes ago, Neep said:

Not a chance.

I have $50k in debt from my undergrad at Penn State. I'm trying to keep it under $30K for grad school. Not so easy! My student loan payments are like a second mortgage. If j could have cut cost, you bet I would of. But I was foolish in my undergrad. The most important thing is that your program is CSWE accredited. Obviously, it is ultimately your call, but for me, I would never pay more than I absolutely had to. I learned that the hard way and regret it. Social work isnt  often exactly a lucrative career either. 

Would you consider commissioning in the Air Force as a clinical social worker? You could get your debt forgiven. It could also be a way to pursue a PhD debt free.

If the military isn’t for you. Or your waitIng  my professor did the program below once she got her LCSW. She speaks very highly of it. You work in a rural area and they pay off your loans and send you a check. Also they have a program they will pay for your school and give you a monthly allowance. 

3 hours ago, Tomlinson87 said:

Would you consider commissioning in the Air Force as a clinical social worker? You could get your debt forgiven. It could also be a way to pursue a PhD debt free.

https://nhsc.hrsa.gov/

Just heard back from University of Wisconsin-Madison, I was accepted and ultimately decided that I will be declining after visiting University of Michigan. Super relieved to have put an enrollment deposit down at UMich.