verosanchez

11 minutes ago, rach19 said:

Just heard back from University of Wisconsin-Madison, I was accepted and ultimately decided that I will be declining after visiting University of Michigan. Super relieved to have put an enrollment deposit down at UMich.

Advanced or traditional? I think I screwed up my interview, but I’m crossing my fingers. I applied traditional, I keep seeing U-M stuff everywhere and I’m in Florida. ?‍♂️

19 minutes ago, VirtualCryptid said:

Received a rejection from Columbia today, made it all the more easy to accept my offer from NYU!!

I’m sorry, which one were you wanting to go to more? I’m still waiting on mine. I was rejected from Boston University on 15 Feb.

Just now, Tomlinson87 said:

I’m sorry, which one were you wanting to go to more? I’m still waiting on mine. I was rejected from Boston University on 15 Feb.

That's okay!! NYU was actually my first choice so I'm not too upset haha. Technically I'm still waiting on UTAustin but I just sent in my deposit.

13 minutes ago, VirtualCryptid said:

That's okay!! NYU was actually my first choice so I'm not too upset haha. Technically I'm still waiting on UTAustin but I just sent in my deposit.

I’m about to finish working on my application to NYU. I think the final deadline is the 15th. I need to apply to more places, I’ll be devastated if I get rejected from everywhere lol ?

1 hour ago, Tomlinson87 said:

Advanced or traditional? I think I screwed up my interview, but I’m crossing my fingers. I applied traditional, I keep seeing U-M stuff everywhere and I’m in Florida. ?‍♂️

Advanced! I'm currently in Western Michigan University's BSW program! 

Hey guys! I applied to Stony Brook and Columbia for the Fall 2019 year and I am so nervous. I sent them both in on February 8, so hopefully I should be hearing back soon. I applied to the Advanced Standing for both and I am instantly regretting not applying to more schools but we will see what happens. 

Edited by socialworkeritm

18 hours ago, VirtualCryptid said:

Received a rejection from Columbia today, made it all the more easy to accept my offer from NYU!!

I'm really sorry to hear that but happy for you! NYU is a great program do you mind if I ask what exactly you applied for at Columbia? I'm still waiting to hear back the wait is killing me!

Just got an acceptance email from UW (Wisconsin).  I think I have until March 18th to accept or decline...  really hoping I hear back from the other schools in time to make a real decision on that one.  

6 minutes ago, britjohnson said:

I just got an accepted to UW (Madison). There was no mention of financial aid or scholarships on the acceptance. Did any one else get word on financials in their letter?

I didn't have any financial information in the acceptance letter - for whatever reason I think they're waiting for that first acceptance since they say the final decision for your admission comes from the graduate school AFTER you accept your spot in the MSW program.

On 2/20/2019 at 4:06 PM, rach19 said:

I haven't explicitly, but I got an email from housing that said welcome to UT-A and was about figuring out on campus housing, so I am assuming I got in, but waiting to hear what they say. 

Have you heard back from UT- Arlington yet? I got my acceptance email today!

10 minutes ago, toofunny said:

Have you heard back from UT- Arlington yet? I got my acceptance email today!

Congratulations! and yes I just got the email to set up my email account, so I checked the portal and was accepted! 

Just now, rach19 said:

Congratulations! and yes I just got the email to set up my email account, so I checked the portal and was accepted! 

Thank you! Awesome! I saw you put a deposit down at UMich, Congrats!!!

1 hour ago, Scholastic2 said:

Congrats to all the folks who have received admission and/or interviews!!

Has anyone heard from UCLA yet? Or does anyone know of their timeline?

I applied on January 15th and I haven't heard yet. They said to expect a decision between mid to late March. 

Edited by strawberrycows

3 hours ago, Scholastic2 said:

Congrats to all the folks who have received admission and/or interviews!!

Has anyone heard from UCLA yet? Or does anyone know of their timeline?

I applied by their January 15th deadline and still haven't heard yet.

On 2/19/2019 at 10:02 AM, mswguy said:

Interviewed at CSUN last week as well! No word yet on a decision. Best of luck!

How did the interview go? What did they have you do? I'm so nervous. I will find out what time im going tomorrow. 

I got accepted into the Fordham MSW program on 2/27 (sent in application on 2/1, and app was completed on 2/13 - I had issues with the submission of my transcripts). I will be doing the 3 year part-time program. Fordham is the only school that I applied to; I went there for undergrad and I just am in love with the environment and the people there :) Kind of nervous because of the price, but they gave me a $9,000 scholarship for the entire 3 years ($1500 each semester) so that helps a little, but I need to apply for loans and scholarships. 

I hope there are some Fordham people around, I haven’t seen any yet. 

23 hours ago, strawberrycows said:

I applied on January 15th and I haven't heard yet. They said to expect a decision between mid to late March. 

Did you find this out by calling or just what you have seen online? Getting nervous now hearing that some have come out! Ahh! I also applied by the January 15th deadline.

47 minutes ago, Stressed&blessed said:

I got my acceptance to UCLA today. I applied Dec 13th. The wait was torture. Hope everyone else hears back soon. 

Congratulations!!!! That is so exciting!!! Would you mind telling me a little about the volunteer/work experience you have that got you in? No worries if not! :)

49 minutes ago, caprisunsavvy said:

Did you find this out by calling or just what you have seen online? Getting nervous now hearing that some have come out! Ahh! I also applied by the January 15th deadline.

In FAQ section of the UCLA social work website it says, "MSW applicants can expect to be notified of their admission status mid-late March".  Any day now!!!

1 hour ago, caprisunsavvy said:

Congratulations!!!! That is so exciting!!! Would you mind telling me a little about the volunteer/work experience you have that got you in? No worries if not! :)

Thanks!  I volunteered as a rape crisis counselor for a year. I've also worked with autistic children teaching them social skills for 2 years. Then I worked in a group home for 2 years. And I've been working at a school for children with behavioral issues for 1 &1/2 years.