verosanchez

Did anyone here apply to SFSU and hear back yet? The wait is killing me. I applied early (ish) so that certainly doesn’t help my impatience. 

3 hours ago, ealk22 said:

Did anyone here apply to SFSU and hear back yet? The wait is killing me. I applied early (ish) so that certainly doesn’t help my impatience. 

Hi! I haven't heard anything either... applied to MFT in their Counseling Department. You're not alone!!

1 hour ago, pickle1102 said:

Hi! I haven't heard anything either... applied to MFT in their Counseling Department. You're not alone!!

Glad I’m not alone!! I ended up emailing the social work department to find out when they send out acceptance letters and they told me it’ll happen at the end of March/early April. 

42 minutes ago, ealk22 said:

Glad I’m not alone!! I ended up emailing the social work department to find out when they send out acceptance letters and they told me it’ll happen at the end of March/early April. 

Dang, alright. I keep refreshing Gateway/ my email! My friend is in the program and heard back around this timeline. I also heard notifications are sent out 10 weeks from the admission date. Stay strong!

4 hours ago, Capturedvitality said:

Nice grats. What made you choose NYU ?

Location, resources, and the helpfulness of the administration all seem superior to Fordham! Also for anyone attending NYU in the fall, did any of you get some kind of welcome/ next steps email after submitting your deposit? Haven't gotten one yet but just submitted the deposit about an hour and a half ago!

44 minutes ago, PurpleHippo321 said:

Location, resources, and the helpfulness of the administration all seem superior to Fordham! Also for anyone attending NYU in the fall, did any of you get some kind of welcome/ next steps email after submitting your deposit? Haven't gotten one yet but just submitted the deposit about an hour and a half ago!

I submitted my deposit. Got like 10 emails within the first week so they should be coming. Nothing about applying for classes yet. I called admissions today but the field placement forms are online. 

On 3/19/2019 at 5:30 AM, tjs12220 said:

Accepted into BC. Will be attending. I am really excited! 

I just got accepted today and I put my deposit in. Are you in 2-year clinical?

I was waitlisted at one MSW program that will start accepting people from the waitlist starting April 16 and ending June 1. 

I was admitted to my next choice MSW program. It requires me to submit a SIR (statement of intent to register) on April 15.

Is it "OK" to sign an SIR for one school and then (if I'm lucky enough to get into the other school) go to the other school? I don't mind losing the $150 deposit.

Should I tell the school where I've been accepted that I've been waitlisted at the other? Should I tell the school where I've been waitlisted that I've been accepted at the other?

6 hours ago, norvos90004 said:

I was waitlisted at one MSW program that will start accepting people from the waitlist starting April 16 and ending June 1. 

I was admitted to my next choice MSW program. It requires me to submit a SIR (statement of intent to register) on April 15.

Is it "OK" to sign an SIR for one school and then (if I'm lucky enough to get into the other school) go to the other school? I don't mind losing the $150 deposit.

Should I tell the school where I've been accepted that I've been waitlisted at the other? Should I tell the school where I've been waitlisted that I've been accepted at the other?

I think some schools can give you an extended date before you accept or make any deposits, all you have to do is ask for it. 

Do you mind sharing what schools you're thinking about?

Hi guys! I applied to the SFSU MSW program and was rejected :(

I am still waiting for Sacramento state and San Jose (both full time two year program). 

I'm dying waiting it's actual torture. I got some financial aid info from Sac state which has me hopeful but I don't want to get excited until I know I'm admitted.. 

You guys hear anything about sac state? My number one pick was sjsu for a while but I've recently changed my mind to Sacramento and I cant really find anyone else who applied there!

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:26 AM, nklr25 said:

Hi! I committed to Ohio State last week! Will you be attending there as well?

Yes! I'm starting the ASAP program in June :) Also, got word back that I didn't get the fellowship, but I'm over it at this point

Hi everyone! I'm going to be a clinical track student and am deciding between Boston University and University of Washington. Can people provide input/resources to help me make the determination? Anyone willing to share why they chose either program?

I'm moving from the Midwest, and will be taking out a lot in loans to pursue my MSW. Cost of living is also going to be a huge financial shock, so I really want to be sure that I'm making the right choice. Any input is greatly appreciated!!

I got my acceptance letter for West Virginia University's online MSW program! 
Anyone else?

I am debating on starting this fall or next fall. I can defer for one year. I have four children. My youngest will start school right after I graduate, if i put it off another year. But if I dont put it off and start this Fall (2019), then he will have a year of full time daycare while I work and Im just not sure what decision to make. Anyone with insight>?

I HAVE A $$$ QUESTION!

I am trying to decide between a couple of schools.  I received an email from both of them with "Financial Aid Decisions".  For both schools I am only being offered loans.  I noticed a number of you have posted about awards from different schools -- did those awards come separately from such an announcement or am I just screwed?  Will I hear about some sort of help from the schools in the next couple of weeks??

Decided on Rutgers NB! I started a thread for any other people who decided they'd be going there so we could ask questions/get to know each other

https://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/117857-rutgers-new-brunswick-msw-2019-2021/?tab=comments#comment-1058691423

Hello,

I am a MSW candidate for two schools for MSW programs starting Fall 2019. 

Applied to: SFSU(San Francisco State) & (California State University, East Bay). 

I have been waitlisted at SFSU as of last week! I heard about the news via email, which was quite exciting because SFSU MSW program is quite competitive. They only have 30 availabile slots versus other schools who admitted 70-110 applicants.

I have not heard from CSUEB MSW program. However I know I will receive notification from them via mail, just not sure when. Good luck everyone! 

All money In! The Marathon definitely is continuing. 

Edited by bayareamelaninsw