ETH ESOP 2019

17 hours ago, llwd said:

I applied so RSC, Computational Science and EE&IT (with ESOP for all three).

So far I've heard nothing back. My "withdraw" button for EE&IT disappeared on Tuesday but the two other ones are still there.

I know for sure that people who applied for:

- EE&IT

- Pure Maths

- Applied Maths

started to receive responses.

Source: https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=ETH 

7 minutes ago, Lykan said:

Hi!

The withdrawal button for EE&IT disappeared on Feb 11 but there’s no “accepted” on the result page... Does anyone who applied for EE&IT receive a positive response?

Good luck for everyone !

My best guess is that they're doing rounds where they eliminate a certain amount of candidates. Hopefully the positive answers should start coming in soon given that people were already accepted by this time last year.

46 minutes ago, llwd said:

My best guess is that they're doing rounds where they eliminate a certain amount of candidates. Hopefully the positive answers should start coming in soon given that people were already accepted by this time last year.

@llwdThank you for the reply!

Hope those who are still waiting all the best

hey there!

if you got emailed by the department that they accepted your application, does that mean you're in? in the email for the esop interview, the professor told me that they were "happy to inform" me that they "decided to admit you (me) to the Msc Program, starting in September 2019". (everything in quotations is pretty much from the email, and it was a professor that sent me the email). i had the interview last jan 30.

i'm getting (much more) nervous since i got another email from the admissions committee for ETH (the overall one, I think?) the other day, asking for clarifications about my profile. i took some graduate classes from a local university, they were asking about that. i'm getting scared and jittery from thinking.

also, my withdraw button has disappeared as well (i'm applying for the msc in earth sciences :D)

4 hours ago, axel18 said:

hey there!

if you got emailed by the department that they accepted your application, does that mean you're in? in the email for the esop interview, the professor told me that they were "happy to inform" me that they "decided to admit you (me) to the Msc Program, starting in September 2019". (everything in quotations is pretty much from the email, and it was a professor that sent me the email). i had the interview last jan 30.

i'm getting (much more) nervous since i got another email from the admissions committee for ETH (the overall one, I think?) the other day, asking for clarifications about my profile. i took some graduate classes from a local university, they were asking about that. i'm getting scared and jittery from thinking.

also, my withdraw button has disappeared as well (i'm applying for the msc in earth sciences :D)

Hi! I'm also applying for Earth Science MSc. Which major did you apply for?

5 hours ago, axel18 said:

hey there!

Hi! 

I am also applying for the Earth Sciences (Geophysics) and have had the interview on Jan. 22nd. However, the professor didn't tell me whether I was admitted or not.

May I know who interviewed you? Prof. Gerya? 

BTW, my withdraw button also disappeared. 

Greetings!

Are you guys aware of any MSc applicant to D-MAVT who got an ESOP interview? I believe we should hear back about admissions within a week based on previous result submissions but is it safe to assume that they're done with interviews for this year? What are the chances of someone who wasn't interviewed to get a scholarship?

Edited by AnTineuTrin0

10 hours ago, AnTineuTrin0 said:

Greetings!

Are you guys aware of any MSc applicant to D-MAVT who got an ESOP interview? I believe we should hear back about admissions within a week based on previous result submissions but is it safe to assume that they're done with interviews for this year? What are the chances of someone who wasn't interviewed to get a scholarship?

Hi,

I applied to RSC (which I think is under the D-MAVT department). I also applied to ESOP, but I haven't heard back anything, not even for an interview. So I suppose I wasn't shortlisted.

Possibly yes (regarding interviews), but again, I am not sure :). There was one guy from ESOP 2015 who got the ESOP without any interview. Hence, I guess everything is possible.

34 minutes ago, StellarWind said:

Hi there!

I see that Physics Department has already started sending e-mails:

https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=ETH&t=a&o=&p=1

I got updates neither on MSc Physics admission nor on ESOP. What about you, guys?

@StellarWind I got nothing yet, too, mate. What I would like to know, however, is when the guys, who posted results (2 of them), got an invitation for an ESOP interview. Are they following this thread :P ?

10 minutes ago, llwd said:

Guys it's not all over yet, just got offered an ESOP interview from D-MAVT which I guess is for my RSC application. Also just got accepted for the ITET master's.

@llwdThis is great news! Congrats on your ITET acceptance and your ESOP interview :).

To whom was your proposal targeted to (for RSC), and for when is the interview scheduled?

13 minutes ago, itaouil said:

@llwdThis is great news! Congrats on your ITET acceptance and your ESOP interview :).

To whom was your proposal targeted to (for RSC), and for when is the interview scheduled?

Thank you!

Here is the email I received:

Dear candidate

The internal committee of the department of Mechanical and Process Engineering is going to evaluate some candidates for the nomination for the Excellence Scholarship.

There is the possibility that you will be among these candidates.

The possible interview will take place on Monday 25, February 2019 between 13.30 – 16.30 o’clock (Zurich time) via skype.

If you are interested, please reserve this date and send us your skype email address asap.

More information about the schedule and the interview will follow.

Best regards

Dr. Maddalena Velonà

I targeted my application to professors in the Automatic Controls Lab working on distributed systems, though I didn't mention a professor's name in particular in my ESOP application (I did in the RSC application). 

So I guess I'll be waiting on my laptop at an absurd time of the day (East Coast North America) on the 25th.

Edited by llwd

52 minutes ago, llwd said:

Thank you!

Here is the email I received:

Dear candidate

The internal committee of the department of Mechanical and Process Engineering is going to evaluate some candidates for the nomination for the Excellence Scholarship.

There is the possibility that you will be among these candidates.

The possible interview will take place on Monday 25, February 2019 between 13.30 – 16.30 o’clock (Zurich time) via skype.

If you are interested, please reserve this date and send us your skype email address asap.

More information about the schedule and the interview will follow.

Best regards

Dr. Maddalena Velonà

I targeted my application to professors in the Automatic Controls Lab working on distributed systems, though I didn't mention a professor's name in particular in my ESOP application (I did in the RSC application). 

So I guess I'll be waiting on my laptop at an absurd time of the day (East Coast North America) on the 25th.

Thanks for sharing :).

What is your profile @llwd? If you don't mind me asking.