ETH ESOP 2019

On 2/18/2019 at 3:57 AM, Mark James said:

Greetings!

Anyone has any idea about MSc Environmental Sciences?

Hi Mark. So great spotting someone applying for the environmental science program. 

My withdraw button disappeared on Feb.13th. That was almost two weeks ago and still no news. It's really freaking me out. Have you heard from them?

10 minutes ago, leinor1 said:

Hi everyone,

Has anyone heard anything about mechanical engineering? My withdraw button is still available.

Hi,

I've applied for MSc in Mechanical Engineering and I haven't heard anything yet. My withdraw button is still active, too.

1 hour ago, dimitri said:

Hi,

I've applied for MSc in Mechanical Engineering and I haven't heard anything yet. My withdraw button is still active, too.

Let's keep each other updated. Who did you choose for your tutors? I had Ermanni, Mohr and Kochmann. I'm afraid my GPA might be a little too low (4.36/5.0 in a top Finnish university) so I'm not expecting too much. I have relevant work experience in the industry but no research experience. GRE results 161V, 163Q, 4.0A and 8.0 IELTS. How about you?

3 hours ago, leinor1 said:

Let's keep each other updated. Who did you choose for your tutors? I had Ermanni, Mohr and Kochmann. I'm afraid my GPA might be a little too low (4.36/5.0 in a top Finnish university) so I'm not expecting too much. I have relevant work experience in the industry but no research experience. GRE results 161V, 163Q, 4.0A and 8.0 IELTS. How about you?

I've selected Jenny, Karlin and Rösgen as my tutors. I graduated with a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from one of the top engineering schools in my country. My background: GPA: 3.73/4.0, Academic Ranking: Top %1, TOEFL: 101. I did a 2-month summer internship at an aerospace company. I don't have a decent GRE verbal score. So, it is also likely that ETH will reject me soon. I am not hoping for too much. Good luck to you. 

1 hour ago, cs_boy said:

Did anyone who applied to computer science master get any kind of feedback from ETH, acceptance/rejection or interview ? My withdraw button is still there and I don't know what that really means.

I have  applied for both Computer Science and Data Science. Data Science withdraw button went away on Thursday but there has been no change for Computer Science. Keeping my fingers crossed. Anyone else for Computer Science or Data Science program?

Also applied for Data Science, but no scholarships or anything. The button is not there, though have no idea when it disappeared. Didn't know this button bears any significance, ha-ha. I have heard from a contact that the Data Science committee has finished the evaluation last week, so the results should be (and in fact are) rolling out.

2 hours ago, clstl said:

Also applied for Data Science, but no scholarships or anything. The button is not there, though have no idea when it disappeared. Didn't know this button bears any significance, ha-ha. I have heard from a contact that the Data Science committee has finished the evaluation last week, so the results should be (and in fact are) rolling out.

Same here. I haven't applied for any scholarships or anything. Hopefully we get results soon. This speculation of  button disappearance bearing any meaning has caused much anticipation now. haha

Received admission e-mail for my HEP MSc application, earlier today! I am thrilled :D. No word regarding my ESOP & MSP application yet. Also my withdraw button disappeared on 20/02/2019 (6 days ago). Now after the admission it reappeared. Good Luck to everyone else!

Stay strong no matter the outcome !

Edited by vphys

Hello, I was following this thread anonymously by now.

I got received an offer from ETH for MSc in Data Science, but I still have no idea if I got an offer from ESOP. Can someone say to me who I can contact about that?

This is the e-mail I got from Admission office:

Dear Mr JDiadaijdaiajiadj

It is our pleasure to confirm that you will be offered a place in the Data Science MSc programme at ETH Zurich in the Autumn Semester 2019.

The details (e.g. conditions and/or additional requirements) are set out in our official letter. This letter will also contain the registration form and instructions on how to accept your place. We regret to inform you that due to time constraints we will not be able to answer any enquiries before you have received our official letter. However, should our letter not reach you within six weeks, please let us know.

With kind regards

Speaking of withdraw button, mine for Data Science disappeared last week on Thursday I think, but for Computer Science it still stays.

Edited by thegreatduke
Additional information

I just got an email from ETH that I was accepted to the Computer Science MSc!

Dear Mr X

It is our pleasure to confirm that you will be offered a place in the Computer Science MSc programme at ETH Zurich in the Autumn Semester 2019.

The details (e.g. conditions and/or additional requirements) are set out in our official letter. This letter will also contain the registration form and instructions on how to accept your place. We regret to inform you that due to time constraints we will not be able to answer any enquiries before you have received our official letter. However, should our letter not reach you within six weeks, please let us know.

With kind regards

My withdraw button disappeared this morning and shortly after I got the email. Still no response about ESOP/MSP. Did anyone that applied to Computer Science get an interview? From previous years I see that if you don't get an interview until March then you have low chances.

On 2/26/2019 at 7:16 AM, thegreatduke said:

Hello, I was following this thread anonymously by now.

I got received an offer from ETH for MSc in Data Science, but I still have no idea if I got an offer from ESOP. Can someone say to me who I can contact about that?

This is the e-mail I got from Admission office:

Dear Mr JDiadaijdaiajiadj

It is our pleasure to confirm that you will be offered a place in the Data Science MSc programme at ETH Zurich in the Autumn Semester 2019.

With kind regards

Speaking of withdraw button, mine for Data Science disappeared last week on Thursday I think, but for Computer Science it still stays.

Congratulations!

21 hours ago, eilx2 said:

I just got an email from ETH that I was accepted to the Computer Science MSc!

Dear Mr X

It is our pleasure to confirm that you will be offered a place in the Computer Science MSc programme at ETH Zurich in the Autumn Semester 2019.

With kind regards

My withdraw button disappeared this morning and shortly after I got the email. Still no response about ESOP/MSP. Did anyone that applied to Computer Science get an interview? From previous years I see that if you don't get an interview until March then you have low chances.

Congratulations!

10 hours ago, capitalist said:

@Adi3007

Received my quantum engineering admission on 17 Feb I think. Found this thread last night and was really worried about ESOP as a lot of people have had interviews already 

Welp, this morning I got an interview invitation alright, asking if I am available today or tomorrow. Very sudden, but won't complain!

Congrats! I also had my ESOP interview this week for CS, and it was the same for me, they asked me if I was available the same day or the day after. But it was a very chilled and fun discussion, so no need to prepare really:)

My CS button dissapeared two days ago, so I am hoping for the best, they already accepted me on Data Science, but no scholarship mentioned. I really hope they will at least give ma MSP, so if anyone here has a clue when should MSP be awarded? Do they offer that to us after some interview, or it is decided when Sarah Springman, rector of ETHZ decides who is being given ESOP?

1 hour ago, thegreatduke said:

My CS button dissapeared two days ago, so I am hoping for the best, they already accepted me on Data Science, but no scholarship mentioned. I really hope they will at least give ma MSP, so if anyone here has a clue when should MSP be awarded? Do they offer that to us after some interview, or it is decided when Sarah Springman, rector of ETHZ decides who is being given ESOP?

Last year, I was offered the MSP for CS  in mid-May, and I was not interviewed at all for that (Btw. I decided not to go that time).

2 hours ago, hannar said:

Congrats! I also had my ESOP interview this week for CS, and it was the same for me, they asked me if I was available the same day or the day after. But it was a very chilled and fun discussion, so no need to prepare really:)

Hey, thanks a lot man! Your response really helps to put my mind at ease a little for the interview tomorrow. I hope you have good news about your application soon!