ETH ESOP 2019

Just now, everysinglething said:

hi guys,

i applied back in december (the 12th if i recall correctly). withdraw button has disappeared since last thursday but i still havent heard back. are these things departmentaly organized? do you think i should call them or should i wait it out until the 15th?

?

thank you

Me and my friend both applied on 13th of december (both for MSc CS) and sent the applications in the same envelope since it was an urgent shipping and we split the cost. He received a rejection earlier today but I haven't received any decision yet. I think we should give it a couple of days as HERE it seems that in the last days a lot of decisions were received by CS applicants.

6 minutes ago, NFSergiu said:

Me and my friend both applied on 13th of december (both for MSc CS) and sent the applications in the same envelope since it was an urgent shipping and we split the cost. He received a rejection earlier today but I haven't received any decision yet. I think we should give it a couple of days as HERE it seems that in the last days a lot of decisions were received by CS applicants.

thank you, and good luck to you. 

On 3/5/2019 at 5:21 PM, PravSil said:

"Withdraw" button reappears once you receive acceptance... That's what I experienced... :) 

Hi,

Mine reappeared this afternoon. Does it mean that i have been accepted?  Have you heard about someone who received rejection after the reappearance?

Thank you!

Edited by chanchanchan

14 hours ago, chanchanchan said:

Hi,

Mine reappeared this afternoon. Does it mean that i have been accepted?  Have you heard about someone who received rejection after the reappearance?

Thank you!

Mine reappeared on Monday but still no news. From some posts I have read the reappearance is usually a good indication. The mystery of this button has really created so much anxiety for me since it disappeared over 20 days ago...

Hello, I have received an offer in email for Master in Environmental Science last week, and received an  interview for ESOP at the end of February. However, the email offer mentioned that they will mail my the official offer and registration form, so I was wondering if anyone has received the offer in mail? 

7 hours ago, Juliesyue said:

Hello, I have received an offer in email for Master in Environmental Science last week, and received an  interview for ESOP at the end of February. However, the email offer mentioned that they will mail my the official offer and registration form, so I was wondering if anyone has received the offer in mail? 

Applied for the same program and still have not heard anything back. Just curious, did your withdraw button come back before you received the admission? 

19 hours ago, Juliesyue said:

I just received a notification this morning that there is a letter from Zurich waiting for me at the post office. And I live in Europe, but I guess it can take longer if you live in a different continent. By the way, I received the acceptance email 1 week ago (March 4th).

So anybody got informed of the decision of ESOP? I'm majoring in Physics and still waiting, with no acceptance or rejections. I am afraid of myself having been rejected since there was a result saying he or she had already been interviewed regarding ESOP.

2 hours ago, JerryChen97 said:

So anybody got informed of the decision of ESOP? I'm majoring in Physics and still waiting, with no acceptance or rejections. I am afraid of myself having been rejected since there was a result saying he or she had already been interviewed regarding ESOP.

I feel exactly the same. Even if ESOP belongs to person who had an interview, I believe that there will be a couple of MSP with assistantship. Hovewer, my hopes for any type of funding are very-very little. 

@StellarWind I feel ya... Do you know if one can have a TA position without being proficient in German (i.e. having skills equivalent to C1 or higher?) I am asking cause I think that the BSc physics and most BSc at ETHZ are in German. Can a TA be English speaking?

1 hour ago, vphys said:

@StellarWind I feel ya... Do you know if one can have a TA position without being proficient in German (i.e. having skills equivalent to C1 or higher?) I am asking cause I think that the BSc physics and most BSc at ETHZ are in German. Can a TA be English speaking?

Honestly, I don't know any official information about this. TA usually starts from the second semester, maybe they hope that time from receiving acceptance email to the beginning of second semester is enough for reaching at least B2 in German ?. Yeah, English would be better for international students, but it seems to be less probable.

P.S. My German now is approximately A2, only basic knowledge. :D

Edited by StellarWind

On 3/10/2019 at 7:32 PM, Zilingzhou said:

Applied for the same program and still have not heard anything back. Just curious, did your withdraw button come back before you received the admission? 

Hi, yes the button reappeared but I was not sure which day because I didn't check until today. :p

On 3/11/2019 at 4:05 AM, PravSil said:

Hey!

Did any1 receive an ESOP interview for MTEC? I am just curious I saw nobody in this thread

@Juliesyue I received the official offer letter and the registration by post. The speed depends on the efficiency of the postal services though =D

Hi thank you for the reply! I received the letter today too. :D

On 3/11/2019 at 7:15 AM, hannar said:

I just received a notification this morning that there is a letter from Zurich waiting for me at the post office. And I live in Europe, but I guess it can take longer if you live in a different continent. By the way, I received the acceptance email 1 week ago (March 4th).

Hi thank you for letting me know! Our dates are exactly the same. :D 

21 hours ago, cbrookie said:

Got CBB offer today. but no news on ESOP. How long did you receive ESOP interview invite after getting offered?

I got my ESOP interview before I got notified about acceptance. In the interview the professor told me I was accepted but I didn't get the acceptance email until later.

2 hours ago, hannar said:

I got my ESOP interview before I got notified about acceptance. In the interview the professor told me I was accepted but I didn't get the acceptance email until later.

Hi, would you mind sharing the course you applied for? Thanks ?