2019 Acceptances

2 minutes ago, thismortalcoil said:

You as well? Congrats! I'm SHOCKED right now, just flabbergasted, also I'm like a little tipsy and super worried this is a fever dream

nice congrats!

Same here I went out with some friends last night to stop me from obsessing over my email, now I'm waking up way too early and still half drunk, and there's not even an email from them, I just had to feverishly check all my portals.

Just now, FiguresIII said:

nice congrats!

Same here I went out with some friends last night to stop me from obsessing over my email, now I'm waking up way too early and still half drunk, and there's not even an email from them, I just had to feverishly check all my portals.

Isn't it weird! No email! It's just on the portals. Fingers crossed this wait list moves ;) 

On 1/29/2019 at 9:38 AM, swarthmawr said:

Do you by any chance know anything about the timeline for UT Austin American Studies? Or does anyone you know know? There are hardly people who post about it so I’m never sure. 

Congrats to everyone who got into English! 

Unfortunately I don't! I've taken some classes with American studies folks, but I don't know much about the structure of that program and its admissions. Sorry I can't be of more help.

4 minutes ago, theotherbrontesister said:

I saw there was a "rejected for PhD accepted for Masters at Buffalo" has anyone who applied there heard anything but radio silence ? 

I haven't heard anything either, and neither has my boyfriend who also applied :( really sad! It's one of my top choices. 

3 minutes ago, FriendlyNeighborhoodWolf said:

Turns out I'm waitlisted at Vanderbilt. Pretty stoked for this news. Anyone else here heard back from them?

Congrats!!! Fingers crossed there’s some movement for you!! 

I applied there too, but haven’t heard anything, so I’m thinking maybe an implied rejection if nothing by end of day. 

3 minutes ago, arbie said:

Congrats!!! Fingers crossed there’s some movement for you!! 

I applied there too, but haven’t heard anything, so I’m thinking maybe an implied rejection if nothing by end of day. 

I’m also awaiting a response from them! *obsessively refreshes email*

Congrats @FriendlyNeighborhoodWolf! I also hope there’s movement for you!

Edited by theinforat

25 minutes ago, arbie said:

Same.  Super excited for those who heard back, but my stomach definitely dropped when I saw that people got responses and my inbox was empty.  Fingers crossed for both of us!

hey y’all, longtime lurker, finally posting to claim the Vanderbilt acceptance on the board! first place I’ve heard from and so relieved to get good news after weeks of increasing anxiety. if anyone’s curious (I know I always am when I obsessively refresh the results page 100x a day) my focus is early modern lit. congrats to other acceptances and fingers crossed for everyone waiting!

Just now, theinforat said:

Are you guys finding out via email or through the app portal? This is one of my top choices, and I may or may not be obsessing...

Emphasizing this!  Vanderbilt is one of my top choices as well.  (If I weren't out of reactions for the day, I'd upvote this post!)

I was sent an email a while ago— around 2pm central time. Also, my portal hasn’t been updated and the DGS seemed to suggest it wouldn’t be until maybe Friday. 

Edited by Sav

I contacted the DGS last week because there was an issue with my app, she replied today to address that issue and to also tell me that I have not been offered admission but that official letters will still be a while. The letter came after I saw the acceptances on the board so my hypothesis is that all acceptances and waitlists have gone out. 

4 hours ago, natalielouise said:

I haven't heard anything either, and neither has my boyfriend who also applied :( really sad! It's one of my top choices. 

Wishing you both luck! Hoping we hear something tomorrow. What are you interested in studying? 

36 minutes ago, theotherbrontesister said:

Wishing you both luck! Hoping we hear something tomorrow. What are you interested in studying? 

You too! I really want to work with Rachel Ablow there -- her work on reading practices is really compelling to me. I focus mostly on Victorian literature & poetics, affect theory, and theories of reading with some psychoanalysis sprinkled in. What about you? I'm assuming you're also a Victorianist based on your handle!

10 minutes ago, natalielouise said:

You too! I really want to work with Rachel Ablow there -- her work on reading practices is really compelling to me. I focus mostly on Victorian literature & poetics, affect theory, and theories of reading with some psychoanalysis sprinkled in. What about you? I'm assuming you're also a Victorianist based on your handle!

Ah that sounds great! No, actually, just a Bronte fangirl haha. I come from a poetics background, just graduated with my MFA and am really interested in experimental poetics and post-gendered lyric of the 20th century like Hannah wiener, Leslie Scalapino etc. which is why I would have really loved to study with Judith Goldman and Myung Mi Kim.