2019 Acceptances

20 minutes ago, kendalldinniene said:

Accepted to UNL’s MA but waitlisted for funding ?

Congrats! That should at least bode well for your other apps! Did they say how a funding waitlist works? I have no idea and am curious. 

Thank you all for being much more positive than me.  For some reason this acceptance hurt worse than my rejections so far.  But if funding actually comes through maybe it'll turn out great.  I'm not really a glass half full kinda gal, forgive me.

@Sav the email wasn't too specific about how the waitlist works, it basically said it's possible for there to be movement and they'll let me know.

46 minutes ago, kendalldinniene said:

Accepted to UNL’s MA but waitlisted for funding ?

In 2017, I was accepted to my MA and waitlisted for funding also, and ended up receiving the equivalent funding everyone else received (GA>TA). Don't lose hope! :)

5 minutes ago, victoriansimpkins said:

accepted to UNL's PhD in English (focus on Victorian and Digital Humanities) but waitlisted for funding.

CURRENTLY CRYING AND JUMPING UP AND DOWN AND NOT GRADING MY STUDENTS' PAPERS BECAUSE WHO CARES RIGHT NOW KIDDOS.

Congrats!!!

11 minutes ago, tacocat211 said:

Happy to say I've just received my official acceptance from Texas A&M! (currently finishing my master's here)

That first acceptance feels good

Major congrats!!!! I was just reading somewhere (this board?) that you were really hoping to stay in Texas, so I'm really happy this one came through!!

2 hours ago, soon2bCali said:

accepted to USC (Cali) Biomedical sciences PhD program! STOKED! Never would've guessed I'd end up in Cali tbh, not mad one bit ?

Hello, congratulations! This is a humanities/literature thread, so you may have posted in the wrong place :) either way I hope you enjoy your acceptance glow this evening!

Long time lurker here:) Just writing to claim the UChicago Comparative Literature acceptance on the board. Received an email from the head of the Admission Committee a couple of hours ago welcoming me to the program.

Excited as this is one of my top choices!

10 hours ago, AlmaZ said:

Long time lurker here:) Just writing to claim the UChicago Comparative Literature acceptance on the board. Received an email from the head of the Admission Committee a couple of hours ago welcoming me to the program.

Excited as this is one of my top choices!

Congrats!  I know I should not pin much hope on this top dream program when I did not receive the interview.  Having completed my MA at Chicago and taken tons of classes in Comp Lit, I think it'd be ideal to do scholarly work as well as live there.  Hope you'll say yes ;)

Just now, tacocat211 said:

Just realized there was a Penn. State acceptance on the board from Feb. 1? Anyone?? I thought Penn. State was a much later decision. Anyone claim this? Or has anyone else heard anything? or is this a rogue..

I saw that too and posted here asking if anyone would claim it, but no one did.  I have since been checking my application portal frequently, but nothing has changed other than a pending status.  

11 minutes ago, The Wordsworthian said:

I saw that too and posted here asking if anyone would claim it, but no one did.  I have since been checking my application portal frequently, but nothing has changed other than a pending status.  

Same here. I've been checking, but no status change/email. Might've just been someone who typed in the wrong school or wanted us all to sweat a little bit haha.

24 minutes ago, rachel11nyc said:

Congrats to the umass acceptance! Do you mind sharing your area of focus?

that's me!! just made an account to respond to this because i'm still so floored. my focus is american studies/poetics and specifically i'm interested in tracking linguistic change in radical/avant garde poetry movements! i'm also a comp instructor so i want to explore how white language privilege affects the creative writing workshop classroom, which is something i expressed in my SOP.

let me just say i am completely floored by this acceptance. this is the main school i truly did not expect to hear from, and the rejection from the MFA 4 years ago still hurts, so this is some real vindication. 

Edited by hgtvdeathdrive
lol spelling