2019 Acceptances

9 hours ago, dartdoc said:

anyone hearing anything from UPenn? 

I've been getting the silent treatment from my contact at UPenn which is making me nervous. I think, though, that their timeline is similar to Columbia's (15th-22nd ish). 

6 hours ago, complit315 said:

Hi everyone! I'm a long time lurker finally joining in on the discussion.  Does anyone know if all the interview requests have gone out for Emory, UPenn and Duke (Comparative) Literature?

Hello! UPenn has not sent out interview requests as far as I've seen, but Duke and Emory have definitely notified their candidates as of a couple of weeks ago.

42 minutes ago, bardie said:

I've been getting the silent treatment from my contact at UPenn which is making me nervous. I think, though, that their timeline is similar to Columbia's (15th-22nd ish). 

who did you name as your pois? 

22 minutes ago, jadeisokay said:

i saw one interview request posted for penn on the 1st and one a day or so ago but haven't put much stock in them. 

FWIW this was for their comp lit program not the English program

Don’t know if anyone else applied to UOregon but my friend just called there and was told no offers have been made as decisions and funding haven’t even been finalized and likely won’t until the end of the month.

Anyway I’m super relieved to know this and I thought someone else here might be too!

Edited by kendalldinniene

3 minutes ago, kendalldinniene said:

Don’t know if anyone else applied to UOregon but my friend just called there and was told no offers have been made as decisions and funding haven’t even been finalized and likely won’t until the end of the month.

Anyway I’m super relieved to know this and I thought someone else here might be too!

I am the person relieved by this! Thank you! 

2 minutes ago, kendalldinniene said:

Thanks for posting this information. I was curious since it seemed like it was people from specific concentrations and funding info was still coming. 

Did you apply with any specific emphasis?

45 minutes ago, illcounsel said:

Thanks for posting this information. I was curious since it seemed like it was people from specific concentrations and funding info was still coming. 

Did you apply with any specific emphasis?

Yeah I was curious about that, maybe a certain POI couldn’t resist calling people, not sure, but Kathy Furrer (sp) said no decisions have been made so...? Who knows.

I applied with a GSWS focus.

1 minute ago, XiuqiHuang said:

Quick question, if there's no interview does it mean I'm definitely rejected?

Based on my research and previous conversations on here, it depends on the school and the department!

2 minutes ago, Bopie5 said:

Based on my research and previous conversations on here, it depends on the school and the department!

Thanks! Heard nothing from Chicago or Emory, guess I'm rejected

Just received call from POI to inform me of acceptance to Davis! From what I could glean from the call (with very poor reception), they are calling the accepted students and sending out emails tonight. Also was interviewed by Riverside (don't think this is normal, probably has more to do with the fact that my work doesn't quite fit regionally with what UCR is presently doing). With that said, it sounds like people should be hearing back from them sometime next week (once they know more about funding). Good luck, fellow UC applicants! 

Edited by j.alicea