2019 Acceptances

1 hour ago, Englishandteamakesahappyme said:

Anyone know what’s going on with UConn and/or Brandeis? I’ve seen only a couple positive posts from each. Perhaps today was acceptances day? A little worried over here...

At least what I have written is Brandeis accepts over a couple days so I haven't given up hope yet. 

2 hours ago, Englishandteamakesahappyme said:

Anyone know what’s going on with UConn and/or Brandeis? I’ve seen only a couple positive posts from each. Perhaps today was acceptances day? A little worried over here...

I got my call for Brandeis this afternoon (around 5 pm for them) and it was from a prof. I haven’t seen anything on the portal or gotten anything via email. don’t give up hope yet! 

2 hours ago, swarthmawr said:

I got my call for Brandeis this afternoon (around 5 pm for them) and it was from a prof. I haven’t seen anything on the portal or gotten anything via email. don’t give up hope yet! 

Thanks. Congratulations to you! It’s a great program. 

28 minutes ago, Englishandteamakesahappyme said:

Thanks. Congratulations to you! It’s a great program. 

I hope you get in here, or another program you’re passionate about! I seriously think it’s a multiple-day acceptance thing, though (and they sent rejections first, which is odd). 

5 hours ago, Englishandteamakesahappyme said:

I got an email from an administrator with a letter attached from the DGS. There was very little information so I know nothing of cohort size or anything lik that, sorry.

Also thank you everyone for the congratulations, after a night’s sleep I have still barely processed this and I blame my pessimism for it.

Edited by WildeThing

4 hours ago, WildeThing said:

I got an email from an administrator with a letter attached from the DGS. There was very little information so I know nothing of cohort size or anything lik that, sorry.

Also thank you everyone for the congratulations, after a night’s sleep I have still barely processed this and I blame my pessimism for it.

Thank you and congratulations!

13 hours ago, WildeThing said:

I got into UConn PhD (not on the board yet). I received the email about 6-7 hours ago. I don’t even know what I’m feeling. I’d completely accepted another shut-out and was talking myself into alternative plans that now it doesn’t seem real and I don’t think it has even hit me yet. 

Husband and I are so incredibly happy for you!!!