2019 Acceptances

59 minutes ago, kef5 said:

Just accepted to Berkeley!!! I had completely written off Berkeley as an implied rejection, and was bracing myself for a shut out, so try to stay hopeful friends. 

You only need 1, and that 1 can be Berkeley!!!! Congrats!!! (Although fingers crossed for you if you have other pending apps, of course)

May I ask if it was a POI email or a form email?

Also received a Berkeley acceptance email last night, and am also a medievalist like @kef5, so it seems that each subfield might be admitting on a somewhat independent timeline? Was content to just lurk on this thread, but perhaps this information will provide us all with a small shred of hope for any other schools that seem to be implied rejections...

(@me, irrationally holding out hope for Columbia; yikes)

52 minutes ago, Anonymouse124 said:

Has anyone received any more details about their CUNY offers by any chance? 

I haven’t. It seems like they’re still notifying people though. 

Edited by Sav

I'm in at UNC Chapel Hill as well! (Medievalist.) Email from DGS with attached PDF containing acceptance and info. Also, yes, the timing was weird - email arrived at 11:32 pm PST yesterday? So I'm still too asleep to react except blind relief because I had become certain I was shut out this year. Hold onto hope, my friends!

1 hour ago, theotherbrontesister said:

Re: Columbia

There are Acceptances, Rejections, and Waitlists on the board but has anyone else just had complete radio silence from them? I wondering if I should contact them because it kind of seems like they are done?

Hi, longtime lurker here...I, too, am in the radio silence boat.

I emailed the GSC to ask if there is a wait list/how one might be notified, and I received this response: "Thank you for writing. Yes, there is a waitlist for the Ph.D program. Such applicants are notified via email." Nice, and to the point, but doesn't clarify the silence situation...I suppose I should have been more direct. Taking this as an implied rejection in the meantime ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hey all. One of my friends just told me about this site. Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I've gotten in to a few places. If anyone is interested, I can talk about my app, etc. I'm broadly interested in new media and contemporary theory, as well as marxism/capitalism, game studies, machine learning/AI, and digital/computational aesthetics.

Accepted to:

U Chicago Cinema and Media Studies

U of Michigan Film, Television, and Media 

UC Santa Cruz Film and Digital Media

I haven't heard from any other programs I've applied to.