2019 Acceptances

Thank you @trytostay! I have been anxious throughout this whole process, but am feeling a new and overwhelming pressure now that I have to decide on a program. Decision advice/threads are why I'm here! I guess the nerves never go away...

Edited by deka

4 minutes ago, deka said:

Thank you @trytostay! I have been anxious throughout this whole process, but now am feeling a new and overwhelming pressure now that I have to decide on a program. Decision advice/threads are why I'm here! I guess the nerves never go away...

Yeah, everyone says picking is the hardest part. I think we’re both pretty lucky to have this problem, though! I’m trying to just chill (for the first time since last June) and bask in the combination of hard work and the universe being on my side. Then in a month or so I’ll resume the stress, haha. 

58 minutes ago, eddyrynes said:

GOT ACCEPTED AT UPENN! I'm still in disbelief. Got a phone call from the DGS, so seems like UPenn isn't closed today after all?

Wow! Congratulations! That is AMAZING!

I have to ask-- did the DGS mention if he is calling everyone tonight or when you should expect an email with further details? Thanks and congrats!

6 minutes ago, mwils15 said:

I got into the University of Washington!!

i currently live in seattle, have worked at UW on-and-off for years, and have various friends in grad school in other departments so let me know if you have any questions :) congrats!

2 hours ago, barshmie said:

did the DGS mention if he is calling everyone tonight or when you should expect an email with further details? Thanks and congrats!

The call was followed up by a short note and letter of acceptance; I was told that we should expect an email in the upcoming days with more details about fellowships and funding. The letter was dated for Feb 18th as well! 

Fingers and toes crossed for you!!!

Edited by Anonymouse124

2 minutes ago, mandelbulb said:

i currently live in seattle, have worked at UW on-and-off for years, and have various friends in grad school in other departments so let me know if you have any questions :) congrats!

@kendalldinniene @Anonymouse124 @mandelbulb Thank you all so much!! 

13 minutes ago, Anonymouse124 said:

The call was followed up by a short note and letter of acceptance; I was told that we should expect an email in the upcoming days with more details about fellowships and funding. The letter was dated for Feb 18th as well! 

Fingers and toes crossed for you!!!

I have no idea what to think about this...

did you have any previous contact with Penn? Did you meet a professor or anything in advance?

Anyway, thank you so much for the information and congratulations— enjoy! 

2 minutes ago, barshmie said:

did you have any previous contact with Penn? Did you meet a professor or anything in advance?

I guess we could theoretically still hear tomorrow?

Dreams slowly circling the drain lol. 

4 minutes ago, barshmie said:

I had a short email exchange with a professor I was interested in working with over the summer (asking questions about research in my field etc), but that's the extent of my contact with Penn! 

Thank you!! Fingers crossed for you guys!

2 hours ago, Anonymouse124 said:

I had a short email exchange with a professor I was interested in working with over the summer (asking questions about research in my field etc), but that's the extent of my contact with Penn! 

Thank you!! Fingers crossed for you guys!

First of all, you are so nice and thank you so much for this. I hope you celebrated. 

Second, I don't know what to think but if I dont get a "yes" tomorrow it is pretty much game over for me and @Fedallah and I will cry together.

It is what it is... I hope everyone had a good night.

19 minutes ago, The Wordsworthian said:

Of course!  Drop the link :)

First comment on the pinned thread about funding packages! :) Not trying to be rude, but also just want to throw it out there in case anyone else wants to add stuff they know where to find it later on, too!