2019 Acceptances

54 minutes ago, beardedlady said:

Still reeling from the Brown rejection, but I got accepted to Fordham! Email from DGS says all acceptances have been sent out, but I don't know about waitlist notifications.

Rose Hill is by far the most beautiful campus in NYC! And their department is stacked with such awesome faculty. Congrats!!!!

Just got notified I was accepted to Boston college's MA program with a 10k scholarship. Was really holding out hope for a spot in the PhD :( unfounded MA's are just too pricey for me.

12 hours ago, beardedlady said:

Still reeling from the Brown rejection, but I got accepted to Fordham! Email from DGS says all acceptances have been sent out, but I don't know about waitlist notifications.

I'm also in at Fordham.  Have you heard about whether or not they're making any funding available for the accepted students day in a couple weeks? 

8 hours ago, MetaphysicalDrama said:

I'm also in at Fordham.  Have you heard about whether or not they're making any funding available for the accepted students day in a couple weeks? 

They seem to have very limited funding for visits, but no set amount per person as far as I understood. The DGS was absolutely great about answering my questions about this (and other issues)--since I'm travelling internationally it's especially problematic for me. I recommend you email him and see how they can help. 

EDIT: and also, congrats! Maybe we'll be cohort-mates!

Edited by beardedlady

Hi everyone! Of those of you who have applied to Brown, has anyone just not heard back at all yet? I saw that acceptance, waitlists, and rejections all went out and I haven’t received anything. I checked the portal online and the status is still “submitted.” (I submitted before the deadline and received confirmation that my application was received.) I am so confused!

4 hours ago, esbe19 said:

Hi everyone! Of those of you who have applied to Brown, has anyone just not heard back at all yet? I saw that acceptance, waitlists, and rejections all went out and I haven’t received anything. I checked the portal online and the status is still “submitted.” (I submitted before the deadline and received confirmation that my application was received.) I am so confused!

Same case here. 

13 hours ago, arbie said:

Same case here. 

Do you know why they are holding off on releasing decisions? I read something about “implicit waitlist,” but I’m not sure if that is it. Do you think maybe it is our specialization? Like, maybe some sub departments have submitted decisions but others haven’t? My focus is Shakespeare/Women & Gender Studies.