3 hours ago, kendalldinniene said:

Thank you everyone!  To think 24 hours ago I was walking the campus feeling absolutely certain I'd flunked the interviews 😂

Super happy for you.  You've been such a beacon of light on this forum :)

3 hours ago, kendalldinniene said:

TCD is so amazing, congrats!!! God I would sell an organ to be in that school and in that city. I don’t know how much work I’d get done surrounded by that accent though ;)

Ha it definitely remains to be seen how successful I'll be in that regard...I think the pubs might get me, too!

1 hour ago, WildeThing said:

WOO!!! Massive congrats!

In undergrad I was really into Beckett and really wanted to go to TCD, it’s an amazing program, congrats!

Thank you! Hopefully it'll help the next round of apps, too!

New to this forum, but figured I would post my results for English Ph.D. programs. Accepted to UNH and URI with funding. Wait listed at Tufts and SUNY Albany. Still waiting on a couple.

waiting for the official letter, but from Southern Illinois - Carbondale - "You have been admitted, and we plan to offer you a teaching position as a Graduate Assistant. I will send you the offer letter and details soon."

!!!!! This is where my favorite scholar (should I have a favorite scholar? what if she thinks i'm a dumbass? what if i'm actually a dumbass?) teaches and where one of my mentor/LOR writers earned their PhD! 

2 minutes ago, Bopie5 said:

GOT INTO THE VILLANOVA MA! Funding pending, but I am OVER THE MOON! 

FUCK YES! GRAD SCHOOL BOUND!!!!!!!!! Ahhh, I am so proud of you and happy for you!!!

7 minutes ago, kendalldinniene said:

FUCK YES! GRAD SCHOOL BOUND!!!!!!!!! Ahhh, I am so proud of you and happy for you!!!

THANK YOU!!!! ah your encouragement and support has truly meant so much over the last few months! and now I just feel ecstatic I had to leave my desk at work so I could go cry of happiness in the bathroom haha

Just now, Bopie5 said:

THANK YOU!!!! ah your encouragement and support has truly meant so much over the last few months! and now I just feel ecstatic I had to leave my desk at work so I could go cry of happiness in the bathroom haha

Those acceptance tears are the best.

You deserve this!!!!!! I just can’t wait to see what you do as a scholar!

40 minutes ago, Warelin said:

CONGRATULATIONS! I hope the funding works out for you. :)

THANK YOU! Pursuing multiple funding avenues both within and outside of the English department there, so fingers crossed.

@Bopie5 congrats! Currently at Villanova, it’s a really great program with wonderful faculty. You might want to look into Jean Lutes and Travis Foster (if you haven’t already). PM me if you have questions, or want to see what courses are being offered (if you haven’t received it already). Congrats again and good luck on funding!