2019 Acceptances

7 minutes ago, JuliaStelmach said:

Congrats and thank you very much! That helps a lot. Well, maybe there is still hope for more acceptance letters..

Thanks! I think there will be—there isn’t a specific visit weekend, they just want to get them done by February. I am waiting to hear back from many other schools, so I’ll let you know what I decide to do! 

Edited by arbie

Congrats to all of those that have received an acceptance letter thus far. To those that haven't, most schools don't release decisions until Mid-Feb. There is still plenty of time left.

On a side note: Please review financial offers carefully. In previous years, some programs that used to guarantee 5 years of funding only offered 3 years of funding to certain students citing funding problems as a reason. Please, please review those letters carefully to ensure you know what you are getting yourself into.

Side note 2: Some programs guarantee 5 years of funding based on satisfactory performance. I wouldn't worry about these as much as it's mostly to safeguard against someone accepting an offer and then leaving the program mid-way through. In most cases failing to keep up your grades would result in the end of your funding if one fails to keep them at the required level.

2 hours ago, Warelin said:

Congrats to all of those that have received an acceptance letter thus far. To those that haven't, most schools don't release decisions until Mid-Feb. There is still plenty of time left.

Thank you for this reassurance--I really needed to hear it :)

@Pnwonder I applied to literary studies! Also, @WildeThing I lied... lol I didn’t apply for the Afro-Am bridge program. I confused this with another school. After reading I realized the program offered an MA which I know I didn’t opt for given that I have an MA already. 

@NAL yes I did. Hoping that the literary studies announcements mean C&R should be just around the corner! Honestly not sure if there's any correlation though since I'd imagine the admissions committee is different for each program. Fingers crossed for both of us!

6 minutes ago, lyonel_ said:

Not my acceptance on the results board, but I'm IN AT SOUTH CAROLINA! Literally shaking and couldn't read the rest of the email yet... 

Woot woot! We could be cohort mates! Congrats!!