Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In at Yale. My one admit of the season. I'm speechless.

In off the waitlist at Loyola

Just got a call from Dr. Sae Saue offering me admission to SMU

Posted Images

Big congrats to the Brown acceptance!

I've never received a call, so I'm wondering...do the professors who are  calling take into consideration time zones? I assume they are calling students in earlier time zones (I'm on the west coast, it's just turning 8am here) right now...or has anyone received a call at a wildly early/late time? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Brown has always informed people over emails. A lot of things going differently this year. But it's strange how NO ONE else here has heard anything from them since the notification. They take 18 people, for crying out loud! Someone ought to have heard something! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, santraash said:

Well, Brown has always informed people over emails. A lot of things going differently this year. But it's strange how NO ONE else here has heard anything from them since the notification. They take 18 people, for crying out loud! Someone ought to have heard something! 

Right. I'm expecting some rejections to be mixed in today as well. SOMETHING. 

On a separate issue, am I the only person here who has gotten no answer either way from any grad program?! I'm totally in the dark. After today, I think I shall safely assume I am in the "shutout" category. 🤷‍♂️ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Englishandteamakesahappyme said:

On a separate issue, am I the only person here who has gotten no answer either way from any grad program?! I'm totally in the dark. After today, I think I shall safely assume I am in the "shutout" category. 🤷‍♂️ 

I haven't gotten answers from a bunch of schools who have definitely already decided, but I haven't heard nothing from anyone. =/ 

 

Fingers crossed for you! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Englishandteamakesahappyme @arbie @sugilite That's my post on the board from this morning!!! I am still in utter shock!!!!! Thank you!

5 hours ago, santraash said:

Well, Brown has always informed people over emails. A lot of things going differently this year. But it's strange how NO ONE else here has heard anything from them since the notification. They take 18 people, for crying out loud! Someone ought to have heard something! 

As for Brown phone calls, I agree with @santraash -- I don't think it's the norm (due to previous results and the info I received via phone, which was very specific to my application, but hey, who knows?). I also received a nice acceptance email from the DGS not too long ago, so maybe information will go out shortly if it hasn't already!

Best of luck!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sugilite said:

Big congrats to the Brown acceptance!

I've never received a call, so I'm wondering...do the professors who are  calling take into consideration time zones? I assume they are calling students in earlier time zones (I'm on the west coast, it's just turning 8am here) right now...or has anyone received a call at a wildly early/late time? 

Yes, we're definitely aware of where you are and what the time difference might be. Sometimes makes for some bleary-eyed phone calls to international students ... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bwriteshere said:

As for Brown phone calls, I agree with @santraash -- I don't think it's the norm (due to previous results and the info I received via phone, which was very specific to my application, but hey, who knows?). I also received a nice acceptance email from the DGS not too long ago, so maybe information will go out shortly if it hasn't already!

 

Congrats on Brown, and many more! Looking at your signature, you are a CAN'T MISS applicant!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

accepted at Rutgers!!! just about burst into happy tears when I saw the area code appear on my phone - it’s been a lot of bad news in a row and i’m really glad to (mostly) wrap things up with good news.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Accepted at Rutgers :) got a nice phone call from a POI. funny to me that i did well with traditional English programs and poorly with interdisciplinary programs when i thought it would be the opposite. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.