Acceptances

The_Last_Thylacine

15 hours ago, MtnDuck said:

Also @ Moose#@1%$BetweenBarsmithrandir8 
For Ann Arbor it would be their earliest acceptance since, well, actually it might be their earliest acceptance ever if true. I'm skeptical. Here is the previous data from past years (2012-2018):

February 23 R March 9 S February 7 F March 5 R March 7 M February 28 T February 9 F

Also, to quickly note, I did indeed get my UMich rejection on the 9th of Feb last year, but I definitely heard of people getting acceptances several days before that (via Twitter)... maybe there was just a failure to report to TheGradCafe last year?

EDIT: Actually, just checked the dates and, never mind, my memory was playing tricks on me!

Edited by Kantattheairport

1 hour ago, bluwe said:

Does anyone know how slow these Michigan phone calls are going out? Have they all been made?

I got one of those this morning (!!) from Michigan's director of grad admissions. He mentioned that this year they were actively trying to get acceptances out early/be among the first to make offers, which suggests they aren't dawdling on the calls... So I'm going to guess it's not a great chance that (m)any calls remain. Sorry to bear bad news ? though of course that's far from conclusive -- maybe there are some left for tomorrow!

Edited by crunderdunder

2 hours ago, crunderdunder said:

I got one of those this morning (!!) from Michigan's director of grad admissions. He mentioned that this year they were actively trying to get acceptances out early/be among the first to make offers, which suggests they aren't dawdling on the calls... So I'm going to guess it's not a great chance that (m)any calls remain. Sorry to bear bad news ? though of course that's far from conclusive -- maybe there are some left for tomorrow!

Congratulations to you too! :D

3 minutes ago, Fontanabush said:

Is the BC acceptance fake or confirmed?

As @antianticlimacus said, not sure if it's fake, but it hasn't been claimed. I will also add that (I think) every other year BC has released decisions via snail-mail, and the one posted says that their decision came via email. So, I am inclined to be skeptical...

1 minute ago, Dysexlia said:

As @antianticlimacus said, not sure if it's fake, but it hasn't been claimed. I will also add that (I think) every other year BC has released decisions via snail-mail, and the one posted says that their decision came via email. So, I am inclined to be skeptical...

The program gets a lot of applications as I understand it (historically at least two acceptances seem to pop up on grad cafe each year). I feel like someone would have come forward here or on the fb group if it were legit. 

4 hours ago, redsubywa said:

For what it's worth, I'm in the MA program at BC - I don't think the committee had finished their decisions at the point when that "Acceptance" was posted (90% sure).

Do you know how they let folks know i.e. email or snail mail? Or any other info you may have heard. Asking for a friend.

12 minutes ago, Fontanabush said:

Thank you. That is nice to know (dysexlia had mentioned it too) so now I can be watching for the mail instead of looking at my phone. So we’ll see.

FYI, I got a big envelope and assumed I'd been accepted to the PhD, but I'd only been accepted to the consolation prize unfunded MA. Just in case that happens to you so you don't get excited and then let down like I did

18 minutes ago, akraticfanatic said:

FYI, I got a big envelope and assumed I'd been accepted to the PhD, but I'd only been accepted to the consolation prize unfunded MA. Just in case that happens to you so you don't get excited and then let down like I did

Hopefully they know by now since I got a ThM from them plus I checked no thanks to the MA.

3 hours ago, Kantattheairport said:

Ooh, congratulations! :D

A number of schools seem to be making decisions earlier this year, huh!

Thank you!

That's my impression as well, a bunch of schools seem to have sent out results earlier than in previous years (which I appreciate!)