Rejections

The_Last_Thylacine

5 minutes ago, Moose#@1%$ said:

Rejected (finally) at  Pitt. But, my decision portal said the app was incomplete... not sure how to take that. Seems kinda shitty to not tell me until now and make it seem like I was rejected because of an incomplete application but also say that we had many application this year .. etc etc. .. Or tell me what was missing. but... oh well. not much I can do now.

So I had the same "Incomplete" status a few weeks ago on the "MyPitt Portal" and I actually called Pitt (got routed through IT,  then admissions, then Phil admissions) about it and it turns out that that is nothing to worry about. If you go back to the ApplyWeb application where you actually submitted your documents and click on "check application" it will say that your application is complete, and that's the one that matters. They basically said, don't worry about the MyPitt portal. I got worried about it too, but apparently it doesn't matter.

Edited by Dysexlia

2 minutes ago, Dysexlia said:

So I had the same "Incomplete" status a few weeks ago on the "MyPitt Portal" and I actually called Pitt (got routed through IT,  then admissions, then Phil admissions) about it and it turns out that that is nothing to worry about. If you go back to the ApplyWeb application where you actually submitted your documents and click on "check application" it will say that your application is complete, and that's the one that matters. They basically said, don't worry about the MyPitt portal. I got worried about it too, but apparently it doesn't matter.

Yea. I emailed them and they cleared it up. So, taking back what i said about their system. haha

9 minutes ago, Dysexlia said:

I had the same issue and I Googled it. Apparently it’s a common problem with their system. I called the graduate admissions office because I was really stressed out about it, and the lady was very nice and sent me a screenshot of what she saw on her end (that my app was “complete” and they had received everything).

14 hours ago, Alex1995 said:

Rejected at Harvard.

4 hours ago, iKantEven said:

Rejected at UVA. Emailed DGS. 

2 hours ago, practically_mi said:

Rejected at Harvard and Columbia. 

Sorry to hear, yall!

30 minutes ago, Moose#@1%$ said:

Anybody know anything about U of Kansas? Have they put out any results... rejections, acceptances, waitlists ...? 

I know someone who got an acceptance in the past several weeks. Not sure about waitlists, etc.

2 hours ago, hector549 said:

I know someone who got an acceptance in the past several weeks. Not sure about waitlists, etc.

Would you be able to find out what day that was by chance? It's one of the last PhD schools I don't have info for yet wrt/ the spreadsheet :) 

3 hours ago, hector549 said:

Hmmm okay. I figured they have had to put something out by now.. but just hadn’t seen or heard anything 

On 3/10/2019 at 3:30 PM, MtnDuck said:

Would you be able to find out what day that was by chance? It's one of the last PhD schools I don't have info for yet wrt/ the spreadsheet :) 

Just got an acceptance from them. Was soloicited though. This last Thursday is when they were suppose to send mine. (Heard through a previous prof). Just mentioning that for date accuracy. Lol

Rejected at Stanford. That's mostly all of them now, I think. It's been a somewhat morale-sapping season this time around, but I'm happy to at least be in with a chance somewhere. In case things don't work out this year either, I think I may have to make some fresh starts on a couple of fronts (writing sample, SOP, some other strategies), but I have some idea of some of the things I might do. In general, keeping my chin up - despite the clear lack of success, I don't think I'd say it's been a bad experience (although I could certainly do with it being less expensive!).

Thank you to everyone that's been kind, both to me and in general. :)

• 2 weeks later...