Fall 2019 Psychology Doctoral ACCEPTANCES!!

dancedementia

4 hours ago, fuhnedik87 said:

School: University of Oregon

Concentration: Counseling Psychology 

Type: PhD

Date of acceptance: 2/7/19

Notified by: Call from POI and email from graduate program within an hour after the call!

4 hours ago, dancedementia said:

Great school/program, congrats!

Agreed, congrats! That's a very competitive program to get into. 

5 hours ago, scapply said:

Good news: I got accepted to the PsyD program at UIndy! ? I was so comfortable there and the program aligns perfectly with my future goals, so I'm 99.9% sure that's where I'm headed this fall.

Bad news: My final interview is scheduled for this weekend with another program. On one hand, I don't want to appear unprofessional, canceling my interview just a few short days prior. On the other hand, I don't want to spend their time and spend money on travel when I know I will be accepting another offer. I'm unsure how to notify their staff that I no longer plan on attending their interview weekend.

Any advice would be much appreciated! Also, congrats to anyone else who was accepted!! ?

This happened to me. If you know that you'd rather go to UIndy, then you can just tell them you've received an offer at another program and thus would like to relinquish your interview spot. You can apologize for the short notice, but I think they totally understand that these things happen. All the programs I emailed to cancel were really wonderful about it; everyone told me congratulations and that they wished me the best of luck and thanked me for reaching out to them to cancel.

Whew! Peeked into the portal at the University of Michigan today and the graduate school has approved my admission! I was legitimately afraid that somehow they would look at my stuff, realize I was not in fact qualified and take it away. Still waiting to find out what the conditions of my admission are, but I hope it's just that I have to actually graduate with my degrees.

School: City University New York (CUNY) John Jay College of Criminal Justice

Concentration: Clinical Psychology

Type: PhD

Date of Acceptance: 2/13/19

Notified by:  Personal email from DCT and POI extending unofficial offer of acceptance with fellowship funding; official offer to follow later this week.

FIRST ACCEPTANCE, I'M SO RELIEVED! This was my top choice of programs so I will absolutely be accepting this offer :) PM if you'd like more details or if you are also planning on attending, I'd love to connect.

19 minutes ago, humanisticPOV said:

School: City University New York (CUNY) John Jay College of Criminal Justice

FIRST ACCEPTANCE, I'M SO RELIEVED! This was my top choice of programs so I will absolutely be accepting this offer :) PM if you'd like more details or if you are also planning on attending, I'd love to connect.

I can't like this...... SO I WANT TO TELL YOU I LOVE THIS. LOL!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!

School: University of Texas at Dallas

Concentration: Psychological Sciences (Cognitive)

Type: Ph.D.

Date of acceptance: 2/15/2019

Notified by: Automatic email with acceptance letter followed by personal email from POI. Stipend via POI's grant, 2000/month, summer dependent on funding but all students have been funded in summer in the past.

On 2/14/2019 at 5:35 AM, McMurphy said:

School: University of Houston

Concentration: Clinical Psychology

Type: PhD

AMAZING program, congrats!! If you're not there already, enjoy Houston! Wonderful city with so much to do (and great ethnic food!)

Edited by dancedementia

1 hour ago, Psygeek said:

Excited to move to NYC (Columbia Psych)

Wow, congrats! So does this mean you are switching PhD programs? Can I ask why (in broad strokes) and what that process of applying is like? I hope this program is a great fit for you! My current mentor got their PhD there and they are awesome!

46 minutes ago, EileenWu3 said:

Just got accepted by Northwestern's social psy program! So excited definitely my first choice! Love their research, the profs and the location! would love to connect to my cohort too!

Congrats - not at NW but who are you working with?

School: Southern Methodist University (SMU)

Concentration: Clinical Psychology PhD

Date of acceptance: 2/15/19

Received a call from my POI last week. It is my first acceptance, and also my first choice! :D I felt like I took my first deep breath in months.