Jump to content

Fall 2019 Psychology Doctoral ACCEPTANCES!!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PSA: As acceptances start to roll in, this is just a friendly reminder to everyone from someone with lots of contract experience, NEVER ACCEPT A POSITION UNTIL YOU HAVE YOUR FUNDING PACKAGE IN WRITING

Posted Images

On 2/1/2019 at 10:46 AM, topsailpsych said:

School: Ball State University

Concentration: Counseling

Type: PhD

Date of acceptance: 1/29/18

Notified by: Email from Training Director with POI CC'd

Congratulations! Do you mind sending me a message with which school you are accepting?

Link to post
Share on other sites

School: University of Florida

Concentration: Clinical (neuropsychology/cognitive neuroscience track)

Type: PhD

Date of acceptance: 3/1/2019

Notified by: Email from graduate program director.

POI initials available on request. Very strongly considering this offer--program seems fantastic--but waiting on 2 other schools.

Link to post
Share on other sites

School: University of Miami

Concentration: Community Well-Being

Type: PhD

Date of acceptance: 3/6/2019

Notified by: Email from Admissions Supervisor with POI (I.P.) + Committee CC'd

This was my first choice - my POI's work was literally the reason I became interested in the field in first place. I'm beyond words. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yeahsouh said:

School: University of Miami

Concentration: Community Well-Being

Type: PhD

Date of acceptance: 3/6/2019

Notified by: Email from Admissions Supervisor with POI (I.P.) + Committee CC'd

This was my first choice - my POI's work was literally the reason I became interested in the field in first place. I'm beyond words. 

Congratulations!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Gradphd123 said:

Good Afternoon,

I was recently waitlisted post interview at my top choice.

I have confirmed I would like to stay on the waitlist. I would like to stay relevant in my POIs mind.

What would anyone suggest emailing for a status update?

Whatever you do, don't spam them like you're spamming us. (P.S. congrats!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jamesmp said:

School: University of Florida

Concentration: Counseling

Type: PhD

Date of acceptance: 2/26/19

Notified by: Email from POI to set up a phone call. (PM for POI)

Congrats! Florida has a fantastic counseling program.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dancedementia said:

Suffolk poster on the results page - who was your POI? That's a super fast turnaround time!

Waitlisted for MS. I'm really curious about the acceptances and where Suffolk falls for them - if they're going to accept or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TiredOfApps said:

Waitlisted for MS. I'm really curious about the acceptances and where Suffolk falls for them - if they're going to accept or not.

I haven't even heard anything from Suffolk. Yikes. This doesn't bode well :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dancedementia said:

I haven't even heard anything from Suffolk. Yikes. This doesn't bode well :(

I wouldn't say so - I actually had a call for another reason with my POI (consults with my nonprofit), and, the more I read up on it, the more it seems like every prof has their own method. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TiredOfApps said:

I wouldn't say so - I actually had a call for another reason with my POI (consults with my nonprofit), and, the more I read up on it, the more it seems like every prof has their own method. 

Do you mind sharing who your POI is?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.