Fall 2019 Data Science/Analytics Master Applicant Thread

Hi guys, just starting a thread on master applications as I've seen the other topic is more for phd students :)

Feel free to share your application information. 

For me:

Applied (data science master program): Columbia, Duke, Harvard, U Penn, Northwestern, NYU, CMU, Stanford

Just got rejection from Upenn :(

Edited by Louise Yi

Hi Louise!

Applied to:

Harvard GSAS (Data Science)

Harvard School of Public Health (Health Data Science)

MIT Business Analytics

Tufts (Data Science)

Applications in progress:

Brown  (Data Science)

NYU  (Data Science)

Columbia  (Data Science)

Berkeley  (Data Science)

Edited by nyan_cat
bolded

• 4 weeks later...
  • Harvard GSAS (Data Science): Likely rejection
  • Harvard School of Public Health (Health Data Science): Accepted
  • MIT Business Analytics: Interviewed, but didn't do well during the interview
  • Tufts (Data Science): Accepted
  • Brown  (Data Science): Pending
  • NYU  (Data Science): Pending
  • Columbia  (Data Science): Pending
  • Berkeley  (Data Science): Pending

On 2/15/2019 at 9:47 PM, nyan_cat said:
  • Harvard GSAS (Data Science): Likely rejection
  • Harvard School of Public Health (Health Data Science): Accepted
  • MIT Business Analytics: Interviewed, but didn't do well during the interview
  • Tufts (Data Science): Accepted
  • Brown  (Data Science): Pending
  • NYU  (Data Science): Pending
  • Columbia  (Data Science): Pending
  • Berkeley  (Data Science): Pending

did you get an interview with harvard? I didn't get an invite..

Hi! I applied to Columbia, NYU, USC (CS - data science track), U of Washington, GA Tech, NCSU and U of Rochester

So far, I was accepted into Rochester and had an interview with NCSU (not with a professor in particular, just part of the admission process).

Very anxiously waiting for the rest ?

23 hours ago, yoeric said:

did you get an interview with harvard? I didn't get an invite..

The only program I applied to that I know has interviews is MIT Business Analytics. I don't think an interview is a part of Harvard's process. The unofficial (i.e., Department-level) acceptances for Harvard Data Science went out last week, though, so I'm assuming that I'm rejected since I did not receive such an email. 

1 hour ago, nyan_cat said:

The only program I applied to that I know has interviews is MIT Business Analytics. I don't think an interview is a part of Harvard's process. The unofficial (i.e., Department-level) acceptances for Harvard Data Science went out last week, though, so I'm assuming that I'm rejected since I did not receive such an email. 

Oh i see, best of luck!

Hi friends! Posting on behalf of my fiancé (is that weird? ?) who isn’t really big on posting in forums. He’s applied to the following schools for data science/analytics: 

University of Virginia

University of Chicago

Northwestern

Vanderbilt 

Columbia

I have been steadily refreshing this site for a month now anxiously awaiting any news. My fiancé, on the other hand, is as cool as a cucumber! 

Any word on decisions from these schools? 

On 2/20/2019 at 10:08 AM, Meowhigh said:

Hi friends! Posting on behalf of my fiancé (is that weird? ?) who isn’t really big on posting in forums. He’s applied to the following schools for data science/analytics: 

University of Virginia

University of Chicago

Northwestern

Vanderbilt 

Columbia

I have been steadily refreshing this site for a month now anxiously awaiting any news. My fiancé, on the other hand, is as cool as a cucumber! 

Any word on decisions from these schools? 

I also applied to Columbia and haven't heard anything. I think their decisions tend to come out later (e.g., late March - early April). Good luck to your fiancé!

On 2/18/2019 at 10:06 PM, Fpmar said:

Hi! I applied to Columbia, NYU, USC (CS - data science track), U of Washington, GA Tech, NCSU and U of Rochester

So far, I was accepted into Rochester and had an interview with NCSU (not with a professor in particular, just part of the admission process).

Very anxiously waiting for the rest ?

Hello,

Congratulations for the acceptance to UoR.

May I ask if you are an international applicant or domestic? When did you apply for the Univ. of Rochester? I applied for the same and have not received any revert yet.

5 hours ago, Deepesh said:

Hello,

Congratulations for the acceptance to UoR.

May I ask if you are an international applicant or domestic? When did you apply for the Univ. of Rochester? I applied for the same and have not received any revert yet.

Thanks! I'm an international student from Argentina and applied on December 17th.

Hope you hear from them soon!!