UChicago Doodle Poll

3 minutes ago, Fedallah said:

yup. I think it's 3:15PM in Chicago now, so...like...one more hour? Two? 12? 27? AHHHHHHHHH. 

Guys same. I think the latest they would send it is 5pm Central because that would be close of business. Also very anxious. ?

1 minute ago, FiguresIII said:

Yes!!!! Got it ! 

Not really personalized but it does say who will be interviewing me.

So happy for you!

I guess all of the emails went out at once then? What was your timestamp? Despair creeping in...

4 minutes ago, bardie said:

So happy for you!

I guess all of the emails went out at once then? What was your timestamp? Despair creeping in...

I got my email at 11:41pm (I'm in Europe), not sure. When I first saw snorkles post I didn't have an email yet either...

Guys... Despair ?.

I just got this email:

Dear Candidates, 

While some applicants have been contacted for interviews, application review is still underway and decisions are not yet finalized. We expect the review process to be completed in early February. Your decision will be posted to the online application and you will receive an email when it is available.

9 minutes ago, Bopie5 said:

@bardie I didn't even get that email, so looks like I should change my signature from Implied Rejected to just Rejected haha!

@Bopie5 Did you get the initial interview invite email (where they asked for the doodle poll to be completed)? 

And don't worry... we can comfort each other from the reject pile ?  

Just now, bardie said:

Did you get the initial interview invite email (where they asked for the doodle poll to be completed)?

Nope, which is why I assumed implied rejection! So that email probably just went out to those who got the doodle poll. But regardless, there's still so many schools we haven't heard back from! 

@Bopie5 That is totally true, thank you for the reminder. 

People who got interviews: Had you all contacted the people you are speaking to at some point during the admissions process? 

So proud of everyone who has an interview, you all are an inspiration!

Ended up falling asleep yesterday before hearing anything, and woke up this morning to the generic, cryptic email not inviting me to interview ? So it goes.

Congrats to all those who got an interview and wishing you the best of luck! Would love to hear about your interview experiences, if you're inclined to share afterwards.

Hey y'all, I would like to point to jonnyboy's posts in the Applicants thread - it appears that not getting a request for interview from UChi does not indicate a rejection. Interviewees are those whom the adcom is unsure of. So if you were invited to interview, you're still in it! If you haven't heard anything, you are also still in it!

Edited by j.alicea

Everyone: Hang in there today! I know our nerves will be high today but let's stay positive and try to do things other than hit the refresh email button :) Can't wait to hear about some Chicago acceptances!