Fall 2019 Masters of Health Informatics

V08

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 2:33 PM, sun.flower said:

Hi! 

I just finished applying to UofT for Fal 2019 for MHI. So eager to hear back even tho the app deadline hasn't passed. haha.  when did you apply?

Hey, I submitted my application yesterday! I'm so eager too haha

8 hours ago, natzb said:

I only applied to u of t. I wanted to apply to mac as well, but missed the deadline too ?

What are your professional/academic backgrounds? 

I only applied to UofT (silly, I know). I graduated from UWaterloo with a Bsc and have some coop experience in health IT. Currently, I'm working at a not-for-profit in the mental health space. How about you guys?!

On 2/4/2019 at 12:17 AM, natzb said:

I only applied to u of t. I wanted to apply to mac as well, but missed the deadline too ?

What are your professional/academic backgrounds? 

I kinda wished I applied to more places cause I feel like I don't have a lot of experience but oh well. I graduated from Mac last year with a BScN and I'm currently practicing as a community health nurse. 

My status changed to under review a few days ago as well.

As for experience, I'm still completing my undergrad in gerontology and health at McMaster and have 1.5 years of experience working in a long-term care environment. Also have 1.5 years of accumulated experience at health related NPOs and have done academic placements at a LHIN and in public health.

I still feel like even getting an interview is a long shot due to my lack of full-time work and IT/informatics experience. ? 

On 2/6/2019 at 4:54 PM, natzb said:

My status changed to under review a few days ago as well.

As for experience, I'm still completing my undergrad in gerontology and health at McMaster and have 1.5 years of experience working in a long-term care environment. Also have 1.5 years of accumulated experience at health related NPOs and have done academic placements at a LHIN and in public health.

I still feel like even getting an interview is a long shot due to my lack of full-time work and IT/informatics experience. ? 

hey, it sounds like you are a great candidate. Good luck! 

21 hours ago, sun.flower said:

When do you guys think we'll hear back? Judging from 2018 and 2017, I'm expecting a mid march response. Thoughts?? The wait is killing me

Yeah. I'm thinking latest, the end of March? I still check the status every day ?

I contacted Zoe today asking about timelines for interviews (I'm planning a vacay), wanted to pass along that she said: 

We will be interviewing applicants end of February, early March.

Best,

Zoe

Edited by sun.flower
error

Hi! 

Applied to Health Services Research MSc program with an Emphasis on Health Informatics at UofT. Our deadline to apply was November but almost no one has posted about the program in the last 6 years ? So this is as close to my potential future cohort as I will get! 

1 hour ago, gahhhh said:

Hi! 

Applied to Health Services Research MSc program with an Emphasis on Health Informatics at UofT. Our deadline to apply was November but almost no one has posted about the program in the last 6 years ? So this is as close to my potential future cohort as I will get! 

Hey!! Have you heard back from them yet.. our deadline was feb 1 

1 hour ago, sun.flower said:

Hey!! Have you heard back from them yet.. our deadline was feb 1 

Haha nope!!!!!!!!! Going a little crazy here. Interviews were about 3-4 weeks ago and they said we wouldn't hear back until end of feb / beginning of march. Maybe they want to finish the MSc apps before moving on to MHI? Seems like the timelines coincide 

Hello Guys,

Just wanted to know if we can still upload our documents for the MHI Online course at Waterloo? I initiated my application and paid the application fee before February 1, but could not upload my documents. Is it still possible to pursue this despite the February 1 deadline? 

Thanks in advance.