Fall 2019 Masters of Health Informatics

V08

On 4/11/2019 at 4:51 PM, sn123 said:

Hey guys, 

so I was accepted into the program as well and they also told me that I am being considered for the eMHI stream! I’m a little confused on what to do.

Come join me in the executive stream!

3 minutes ago, sn123 said:

Hey so I’m not so sure about this as I got early admission into MHI and then because of my work experience they said that they are also considering me for eMHI  and got into that as well. It seems the EMHI is catered to those who already have work experience. 

I applied to regular stream and during my interview they told me I should be considering the executive stream instead (because of my long work history) and if I would like to be considered for both programs, to which I said yes.  I then got an offer for the executive stream.  I'm happy with this outcome because I can continue working and they'll help me to set up a project.  I think executive is catered to those with significant work experience but they are also aiming to enroll 20-25 in the regular and 10-15 in the executive.  

On 4/10/2019 at 4:10 PM, Josinho9 said:

Waterloo vs U of T vs McMasters for health informatics? Guys kindly give me your opinions on the pros and cons you know of each of their programs. I know very little about them as i am an international applicant. Which programs offer better opportunities, better links with employers etc. Thanks guys

Unfortunately all I know is what is posted on these gradcafe forums and on the University websites.  Even though I'm local I don't know anyone personally who has completed these programs.  

8 hours ago, M.Shelley said:

I had an offer from Waterloo two weeks ago. 

Hi Shelley,

Congratulations!

You are the only people I know got the offer from UW. Do you know any other pieces of information. And if there are other people got offers?

On 4/17/2019 at 2:52 AM, Fenghua said:

Hi Shelley,

Congratulations!

You are the only people I know got the offer from UW. Do you know any other pieces of information. And if there are other people got offers?

I received an acceptance to Waterloo in early March. Looking forward to the program in the fall.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I know this forum has died down since everyone appeared to already get their acceptances but I was just wondering if anyone’s status on Waterloo still says “application”? Anyone else on the same boat? I’m finding it weird how I haven’t received a decision, even if it’s a rejection. Did anyone recently get an offer? I’d appreciate any replies. Thanks!

6 hours ago, mo1995 said:

Hey guys I know this forum has died down since everyone appeared to already get their acceptances but I was just wondering if anyone’s status on Waterloo still says “application”? Anyone else on the same boat? I’m finding it weird how I haven’t received a decision, even if it’s a rejection. Did anyone recently get an offer? I’d appreciate any replies. Thanks!

I’m on the same boat. I applied in December, and I haven’t heard of anything. I emailed them 3 weeks ago to check my status but it seems like I have been ignored.

My status still show “No decision has been made.....”

Same here. I sent them an email last week, got a response today that they will get back to me soon on the admission decision. I wonder why it’s taking so long??‍♀️

Just wanted to post for any future potential applicants who are frantically going through all the past forums like I previously did (or anyone who's posted about stressing over marks) - I had a gpa of 3.5 and was still able to get into UfT so it's definitely possible!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2019 at 10:06 PM, mystreee said:

Just wanted to post for any future potential applicants who are frantically going through all the past forums like I previously did (or anyone who's posted about stressing over marks) - I had a gpa of 3.5 and was still able to get into UfT so it's definitely possible!

Lol, I had a gpa of 3.14 and got in. Don’t let your gpa stop you from applying 

On 5/2/2019 at 10:12 PM, Kemi said:

Same here. I sent them an email last week, got a response today that they will get back to me soon on the admission decision. I wonder why it’s taking so long??‍♀️

Did you end up getting a response? Mine still says application till this day ughhh ?

On 5/2/2019 at 7:49 PM, NationalBoard said:

I’m on the same boat. I applied in December, and I haven’t heard of anything. I emailed them 3 weeks ago to check my status but it seems like I have been ignored.

My status still show “No decision has been made.....”

Did you get a response? They didn’t reply to my email or update my quest it still says application ?

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/25/2019 at 11:14 AM, NationalBoard said:

I finally received my acceptance letter from Waterloo!

I applied in December 2018.

I also received an acceptance email from Waterloo 2 weeks ago after applying in January. They then wanted me to confirm/deny my offer within ~48 hours. I declined since I've already accepted another offer.

• 3 months later...

Hello guys,  im a dental surgeon from India n wish to apply for MHI in UofT for fall 2020. But i heard it from their website that they take fewer international students for the program. I will be grateful if anyone could give me guidance for the same.