Fall 2019 Masters of Health Informatics

V08

Yeah, they told me the results will be out late March early April. I don't have that much hope though, Julia (one of my interviewer) seemed very uninterested during my interview, as far as I know I was the last possible candidate because my last name start with Z. So maybe they will roll out invites alphabetically as well. 

22 minutes ago, Boy.Genius said:

Yeah, they told me the results will be out late March early April. I don't have that much hope though, Julia (one of my interviewer) seemed very uninterested during my interview, as far as I know I was the last possible candidate because my last name start with Z. So maybe they will roll out invites alphabetically as well. 

Hey, I’m with you! I felt like the person who listened to my presentation was so uninterested. ?. What questions did Julia ask? 

13 hours ago, sun.flower said:

Hey, I’m with you! I felt like the person who listened to my presentation was so uninterested. ?. What questions did Julia ask? 

I remember being asked who is my inspiration in the HC industry right now. anyone else?

14 hours ago, sun.flower said:

I remember her asking a lot of questions about how I can incorporate my clinical skills while working in an analytic position. As well, in my opinion, what is the biggest health issue in the community and what solution can I come up with to fix that. Also, am I an innovator or fixer? I think out of all the interviewers, I had the most natural interview process with Julia. 

On 3/11/2019 at 7:02 AM, m.a.v.e.r.i.c.k said:

I received my acceptance to Waterloo last week.

Has anyone else heard back from Waterloo?

Congratulations!! I still haven't heard anything back from Waterloo so hopefully they're still sending out acceptances. 

12 minutes ago, M.Shelley said:

I remember her asking a lot of questions about how I can incorporate my clinical skills while working in an analytic position. As well, in my opinion, what is the biggest health issue in the community and what solution can I come up with to fix that. Also, am I an innovator or fixer? I think out of all the interviewers, I had the most natural interview process with Julia. 

Sounds like a great conversation! I did some searching on this site and it looks like the turn around for hearing back after the interview for 2016 and 2017 was about 2.5 weeks. Last year they had interviews super late and as such their turn around was quicker. 

Clearly I am very impatient ^^^ haha. Just wanna knooooooww!! 

Julia focused a lot on why I wanted to get into this program, the ethics of the area I was interested in, what I think my best accomplishment is, what I see myself doing after completing the program and my inspiration. It felt like more of a conversation than an interview!

She asked me similar questions such as general interest and why I want to join this program and what I expect to do afterwards. But she seemed very bored of my answers lol. Other interviewers asked further questions based on my initial answers. But Julia was just like Q1,Q2,Q3,Q4

3 hours ago, ella223 said:

Sounds like a great conversation! I did some searching on this site and it looks like the turn around for hearing back after the interview for 2016 and 2017 was about 2.5 weeks. Last year they had interviews super late and as such their turn around was quicker. 

Clearly I am very impatient ^^^ haha. Just wanna knooooooww!! 

Me tooo, I can't wait till the end of March ?

3 hours ago, m.a.v.e.r.i.c.k said:

I received an offer to Waterloo last week. It was the only school I applied to so I don't know about aby others.

congratulations!! Waterloo is a wonderful school, I went there for my undergrad! Did they give you a deadline for when you have to let them know by?

10 hours ago, tfall2019 said:

Congratulations! When was your interview? 

9 hours ago, ella223 said:

congrats! what time did you receive your offer?

Thanks!! My interview was on March 4th and I received the offer through email around 2pm yesterday. It was an early admission though and I have to complete some extra stuff (that's why they sent it to me early) but I think everyone should be hearing back by March 29th. 

56 minutes ago, M.Shelley said:

Thanks!! My interview was on March 4th and I received the offer through email around 2pm yesterday. It was an early admission though and I have to complete some extra stuff (that's why they sent it to me early) but I think everyone should be hearing back by March 29th. 

I got an early admission too! Did your status on the application website change yet? I'm kind of nervous cause mine hasn't changed. LOL

49 minutes ago, lily27 said:

I got an early admission too! Did your status on the application website change yet? I'm kind of nervous cause mine hasn't changed. LOL

Congrats :) when was your interview?