Yale MFA 2019

henryfive

Has anyone looked at the application today?? I know the website says decisions will go out on end of business today but I’m anxious to see if interview links will be out before the email 

45 minutes ago, lynn56 said:

Has anyone looked at the application today?? I know the website says decisions will go out on end of business today but I’m anxious to see if interview links will be out before the email 

I looked no change in my status it still just says submitted. How bout urs? 

49 minutes ago, lynn56 said:

3 minutes ago, Aatt said:

I looked no change in my status it still just says submitted. How bout urs? 

They’ll send you an automated email saying your website has been updated when they add it. My stomach is in knots.

just FYI here’s a piece of info copied from an email by Yale:

Notification of the admission committee's preliminary decisions, which will include both interview invitations as well as regrets, will be sent at the close of business on Friday, February 1st, 2019 for all four programs.

So 5pm and fingers crossed!!!

42 minutes ago, MFApainting2019 said:

just FYI here’s a piece of info copied from an email by Yale:

Notification of the admission committee's preliminary decisions, which will include both interview invitations as well as regrets, will be sent at the close of business on Friday, February 1st, 2019 for all four programs.

So 5pm and fingers crossed!!!

Is this for the masters programs only or both masters/phd?

Edited by kp_87

3 hours ago, gwenw said:

Rejected- first time applicant 

Likewise - first time applicant, and just graduated undergrad this past May.

Don’t wanna make excuses for myself, haha. Am also not as upset as I thought I’d be. Idk maybe it just hasn’t digested completely yet ? Hahaha

Congratulations to everyone who got an interview!! You’re gonna do great at the interview too :) !

5 hours ago, Bluetooth said:

Likewise - first time applicant, and just graduated undergrad this past May.

Don’t wanna make excuses for myself, haha. Am also not as upset as I thought I’d be. Idk maybe it just hasn’t digested completely yet ? Hahaha

Congratulations to everyone who got an interview!! You’re gonna do great at the interview too :) !

I’m fresh out of undergrad as well.

I was expecting an interview at least; which shows that they are interested in my work. Then I was rejected ? I take this rejection as my work not strong enough; which is a problem.

Yale is a top school after all. Many of my friends with similar experience also got rejected. I guess rejections are common when surviving in the art world——might as well get used to it and keep trying :)

PS Congrats to those who got the interviews :)) God bless and good luck!

8 hours ago, gwenw said:

I’m fresh out of undergrad as well.

I was expecting an interview at least; which shows that they are interested in my work. Then I was rejected ? I take this rejection as my work not strong enough; which is a problem.

Yale is a top school after all. Many of my friends with similar experience also got rejected. I guess rejections are common when surviving in the art world——might as well get used to it and keep trying :)

PS Congrats to those who got the interviews :)) God bless and good luck!

Actually being fresh out of undergrad might be a reason why you didn’t get in. At the open house they mentioned a bunch of times that they didn’t want people right out of school. They said they wanted you to have work experience. They also said they didn’t really want school projects in the portfolio because they can tell when projects were done for a class. So ur portfolio might be amazing and really strong but being out of undergrad could have been a negative. They did say there are exceptions to the rule, but generally they didn’t want right out of undergrad. So I wouldn’t criticized if portfolio too much for it. I also didn’t get an interview and I have work experience, so I have no excuses lol.