SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019-2020

lackingpatience

This is a long shot as there never seem to be a lot of us, but is there anyone else out there who applied to the SSHRC postdoctoral fellowship competition this time around?? Hopefully letters should go out next month, so wondering if anyone is in the same waiting boat as I am. This is my second time applying to the postdoc competition, I was unsuccessful last year so fingers crossed this time! 

On 1/30/2019 at 4:04 PM, FSBM said:

I am one of those poor people who applied to SSHRC PDF ? I can't believe they will send mails instead of emails, and we need to wait one more month!

No kidding! I wish SSHRC would get on board with e-mailing... 

Good luck to you! 

Hi all,
I'm waiting for this year results as well. I just saw a link in SSHRC website, showing the results of the 2018 competition. 

http://www.sshrc-crsh.gc.ca/results-resultats/recipients-recipiendaires/2018/postdoctoral-postdoctorale-eng.aspx

I'm confused! 2018 competition means the competition that we have applied to? or it means last year competition? 

On 2/1/2019 at 9:54 PM, SSHRC 2017 said:

Hi all,
I'm waiting for this year results as well. I just saw a link in SSHRC website, showing the results of the 2018 competition. 

http://www.sshrc-crsh.gc.ca/results-resultats/recipients-recipiendaires/2018/postdoctoral-postdoctorale-eng.aspx

I'm confused! 2018 competition means the competition that we have applied to? or it means last year competition? 

I think this list includes the people who were offered fellowship in 2018. The competition that we applied  will reveal the people who will be offered a fellowship in 2019. At least this is the most reasonable thing I can think ? I know it says 2018 competition in the website for this year, I think they are inconsistent on the website.

Yes, I'm pretty sure those are the results from last year's competition. I know another applicant who called SSHRC recently and they confirmed results would be mailed this month. From my experience with SSHRC I'm going to guess that means end of the month and we'll receive them hopefully in early March? Hope I'm wrong and they get to it sooner.. 

I saw on the link listed below that someone received an acceptance of the Banting Post-doc on Feb 6, and 3 received notice of not accepted for the Banting.  (Damn I wish I had applied for the Banting) - I applied for a 2-year "regular"  SSHRC post-doc.  Anyhow - think that would mean we would hear soon. ... ...

http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/SSHRC_2019-2020

Does anyone know about the ability to take a SSHRC to a different university? I applied for the small post-doc, but I’ve been offered a post doc at a different university. 

What I’m wondering is if I’m successful in my SSHRC post doc, will they let me transfer it to this other institution different from the one I originally proposed in my app?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, CeeDev said:

BTW I just emailed SSHRC this morning, and they told me they will be mailing out the letters at the 'beginning of March,' which is annoyingly vague.

Good luck everyone!

Am I being pollyanna-ish by hoping this could be this Friday (1st Mar)? 

5 hours ago, CeeDev said:

BTW I just emailed SSHRC this morning, and they told me they will be mailing out the letters at the 'beginning of March,' which is annoyingly vague.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks for sharing! I knew they would miss the February "deadline" but somehow I'm still annoyed... 

@FSBM I hope you are right! 

6 minutes ago, mr_negativity said:

This is so frustrating. First they're vague about the release dates, now they're delaying them. So much of my future depends on the outcome of this competition, these delays are causing a breakdown.

So true!

I kept telling myself this would happen, but it hasn't made it any less frustrating! I've never known SSHRC to meet a deadline, and since they pushed back the submission deadline for this comp I just knew they'd push back the results too... 

Hang tight folks, we'll make it! 

23 hours ago, Laine Yale said:

FYI: I emailed them for clarification of when letters would be mailed. They just wrote back:

The results for the Postdoctoral competition will be mailed this afternoon.

Thanks for the update. I'm in Ottawa, just down the street from SSHRC, so hopefully that means I'll get the letter soon. Will update when I get it. 

1 hour ago, CeeDev said:

Thanks for the update. I'm in Ottawa, just down the street from SSHRC, so hopefully that means I'll get the letter soon. Will update when I get it. 

It would be great if you could share overall and committee based results (acceptance rate etc.) as soon as possible after you receive your letter. I'm in Alberta, I guess I'll have to wait much more longer for my letter. 

Yes thanks to everyone for these updates!   Ooh so hopefully next week!  I'm in Kelowna - we seem to get our mail last in the country.  And agreed to posting when we each receive notice.  

Just noticed someone on twitter post about an hour ago that they did not receive an award -- as far as I can tell they are in Montreal, which is where I am. I haven't got any news yet though... suppressing an urge to sit by the mailbox. 

I hope he shares the results' statistics in one of the forums.

3 minutes ago, lackingpatience said:

Just noticed someone on twitter post about an hour ago that they did not receive an award -- as far as I can tell they are in Montreal, which is where I am. I haven't got any news yet though... suppressing an urge to sit by the mailbox. 

Edited by FSBM

35 minutes ago, lackingpatience said:

Weird that someone in Montreal would have heard already. I'm in Ottawa, like a 10 min walk from the SSHRC office, and I haven't received anything.