American Studies Fall 2019??

22 hours ago, stressedandconfused said:

Wow there’s so many ppl yay. I’m waiting to hear back from UMD College park, Minnesota, Yale, and UC Davis (cultural studies) 

I also applied to Davis. The program looks so good! 

Just saw someone got waitlisted at UNC, which I guess means I'm out. Weird, since I called earlier this week and they said the committee didn't make decisions until the 18th.

18 minutes ago, socisocisoci said:

I also applied to Davis. The program looks so good! 

Just saw someone got waitlisted at UNC, which I guess means I'm out. Weird, since I called earlier this week and they said the committee didn't make decisions until the 18th.

Yikes. Sorry about UNC. Hopefully we'll both get into Davis! Although this program is notoriously difficult to get admitted to (and with subpar funding) :)

Hmm...I'm wondering if it as set out to all minority candidates or all accepted minority candidates? I've seen other threads where people mentioned receiving the e-mail but no two people from the same discipline so far. 

12 hours ago, rx971 said:

Hmm...I'm wondering if it as set out to all minority candidates or all accepted minority candidates? I've seen other threads where people mentioned receiving the e-mail but no two people from the same discipline so far. 

Hmm, well I'm not a minority candidate so that definitely explains why I didn't get the email.

That being said, I still think it could be a good sign for those of you that did receive it. I mean it seems strange to take the time to organize a webinar for candidates they have zero interest in, perhaps you're on some sort of shortlist? But who knows how these things work. Wishing you the best either way! :)