American Studies Fall 2019??

51 minutes ago, magnegresswrites said:

That would be me! Waitlisted at Brown. I'm pleased with news, since I know its a competitive program. 

sidenote, I got the email on a Saturday. So now if you need me on the weekends, I'll be frantically refreshing my email, knowing that decisions could be sent any day of the week ?

Congrats! Does this mean nobody got an acceptance so far? So the remainder are rejections...

10 minutes ago, swarthmawr said:

Congrats! Does this mean nobody got an acceptance so far? So the remainder are rejections...

Thanks! and I don't think so? 

I haven't seen anyone post an acceptance or rejection from Brown. I just assumed that they JUST reached decisions regarding their list of acceptances. So I imagine everyone else will hear decisions real soon..? 

best of luck to everyone! 

4 minutes ago, magnegresswrites said:

Thanks! and I don't think so? 

I haven't seen anyone post an acceptance or rejection from Brown. I just assumed that they JUST reached decisions regarding their list of acceptances. So I imagine everyone else will hear decisions real soon..? 

best of luck to everyone! 

Sorry, just thinking out loud! I’m super happy for you and best of luck too :) 

I haven't really kept up with this thread because I've mainly applied to History programs, but wanted to shoot some congratulations to those of you who have gotten admits and/or waitlists!! :)

Waiting on Yale American Studies on my end, hopefully they will start releasing decisions this week. Good luck everyone!

11 hours ago, magnegresswrites said:

That would be me! Waitlisted at Brown. I'm pleased with news, since I know its a competitive program. 

sidenote, I got the email on a Saturday. So now if you need me on the weekends, I'll be frantically refreshing my email, knowing that decisions could be sent any day of the week ?

Congrats! Also, I think all of my communication with Northwestern to this point has been weekends or weekdays after 8pm (7pm in their timezone, but still!). It does make you worry about the rest of them coming in at odd hours...

1 hour ago, halcyonday said:

Congrats! Also, I think all of my communication with Northwestern to this point has been weekends or weekdays after 8pm (7pm in their timezone, but still!). It does make you worry about the rest of them coming in at odd hours...

thanks! 

word. so far, I've gotten notices on Friday and Saturday. and a lot of the programs i applied to (mostly African American Studies PhD programs) have sent notices historically on Fridays. 

59 minutes ago, IBrakeForVanJohnson said:

Just got a rejection email from Michigan. Oh well. 

Apparently they had 109 applications, 6 spots, yada yada yada. Congrats to those who got in! 

Mine came just now too. Congrats to those who landed those spots! 
Anyone else hear from Brown? Feels like that's coming today/this week too...

1 hour ago, magnegresswrites said:

someone just posted an acceptance from Yale...and now I'm freaking out lol (but like...not lol) 

Right there with you! Really curious as to what's going on with Yale right now, from past years, the ways in which applicants are notified seem pretty inconsistent!

2 hours ago, Karou said:

Right there with you! Really curious as to what's going on with Yale right now, from past years, the ways in which applicants are notified seem pretty inconsistent!

Looking at the past years it seems like American and African studies released notification between Wednesday’s the second week in February until the Friday of the third week in February..so I’m guessing we should all know more than likely by Friday this week hopefully...

17 hours ago, kp_87 said:

Looking at the past years it seems like American and African studies released notification between Wednesday’s the second week in February until the Friday of the third week in February..so I’m guessing we should all know more than likely by Friday this week hopefully...

Yes, those dates seem right! I was mostly just trying to make the point (not very clearly at all haha) that we shouldn't freak out if we didn't get a phone call, like the person on the results page did, because applicants seem to have been notified through a range of different mediums in past years! Phone calls, emails, website, etc. Good luck everyone! :)

1 hour ago, Karou said:

Yes, those dates seem right! I was mostly just trying to make the point (not very clearly at all haha) that we shouldn't freak out if we didn't get a phone call, like the person on the results page did, because applicants seem to have been notified through a range of different mediums in past years! Phone calls, emails, website, etc. Good luck everyone! :)

agreed. its been all over the place. a phone call feb 16 here, an email in mar 4 there.

but I'm still eyeing this friday as like the big day for decisions. and if i on't hear by then, i'm going to assume rejections or waitlists. 

6 minutes ago, magnegresswrites said:

It looks like Harvard decisions from more humanities departments are starting to roll in. 

Fingers crossed that means decisions this week for most disciplines

perhaps not ? people are using the results page to ask questions, it's getting confusing lol

5 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

Wow, Brown is just never gonna get back to the rest of us, huh.

Anyone get bumped up off the UT waitlist yet? 

lmao yea I'm so surprised that they haven't contacted any of the accepted students yet.  

clearly they know who was accepted since there is now a waitlist, they just want to torture everyone else (and me too! since I'm waiting hopefully for people to turn down their offers). 

If Yale hasn't gotten back to us then should we assume a rejection or wait list? According to the results page, historically they send acceptances on the same day. Someone already posted earlier this week that they were admitted, so I am assuming they've spoken to people who are admitted.