American Studies Fall 2019??

(Sorry, I posted in an old account above) Hi everyone! I'm currently at Yale in African-American Studies & American Studies and just wanted to update... from what I understand decisions have yet to be released & they're supposed to come out late Feb. Also, if you have any questions about the program, feel free to PM me. 

20 minutes ago, Noire et Étrange said:

(Sorry, I posted in an old account above) Hi everyone! I'm currently at Yale in African-American Studies & American Studies and just wanted to update... from what I understand decisions have yet to be released & they're supposed to come out late Feb. Also, if you have any questions about the program, feel free to PM me. 

You just made my day with this news! It’s terrible not knowing when my doom will come lol. Thank you! 

On 2/19/2019 at 11:19 AM, princeleo said:

I reached out to the Administrative Director and he told me that he will hear from the graduate school this upcoming week, hopefully by Monday the 25th! So maybe there is some funny business going on? (but if not, congrats to those accepted!!)

So, somebody just listed that they were wait listed at Harvard?? What's going on? Has anyone from this forum heard from Harvard?

6 hours ago, jpbends said:

For all the Irvine folks, I just got an email about a rejection from UC Irvine Culture & Theory. You should have gotten an email by now if you haven't checked recently!

Haven’t gotten anything.. they need to just reject me already so I can get over this. Was it an email to check the portal? 

Edited by swarthmawr

2 hours ago, swarthmawr said:

Haven’t gotten anything.. they need to just reject me already so I can get over this. Was it an email to check the portal? 

Yep, I also got an email to check the portal with a generic rejection. Very sad, especially because I had extensive, very positive contact since the summer with a POI there :( Maybe you're waitlisted?!  

1 hour ago, lissabennett1 said:

Hi. I’ve been lurking for a while but I was wondering if anyone has heard about UT Austin American Studies. I feel like I saw a post about waitlists but no admits? Nothing comes up on the results page. Thanks!

Reached out to the Graduate Coordinator last week and they told me that they were trying to notify students in three to four weeks (so two to three weeks now). But I'm taking that as an implied rejection since folks were already waitlisted (meaning they know who they accepted already?)

47 minutes ago, princeleo said:

Reached out to the Graduate Coordinator last week and they told me that they were trying to notify students in three to four weeks (so two to three weeks now). But I'm taking that as an implied rejection since folks were already waitlisted (meaning they know who they accepted already?)

Thank you for the update. It’s so weird no one is claiming an offer, But I too am taking it as an implied rejection. Thanks again.

Wow, I did not realize there were forums on this site. Have only been checking the Results page - who knew there was this whole other space for me to bask in my anxiety and dread? Exciting!

@halcyonday @swarthmawr @FriendlyNeighborhoodWolf sooooo slow on the uptake but I am one of the UT Austin waitlisters, as well. Super weird that it seems no one has heard anything in any direction since the 6th. The way it's been in limbo for weeks has been giving me way more anxiety than any of the outright rejections. 

Congrats to all who have been accepted so far!

3 hours ago, sickeagle said:

If anyone is waiting to hear from University of Hawaiʻi for American Studies, they have started to send out decisions.

Do you know if its through email or via phone?