UNC MSW 2019

bswtomsw1

I also applied by the priority deadline. Haven't heard back

How are y'all checking the status of your application?

Edited by wRJ

1 hour ago, mswlbg said:

I got my official acceptance today, but I heard from Admissions two weeks ago that I had pretty much got in. No financial package yet.

do you mind sharing your stats? when did you apply?

Edited by bswtomsw1

15 hours ago, Zaw263 said:

@mswlbg congrats! Did you apply advanced standing? Did you call two weeks ago or did they contact you?

Not advanced standing, just the regular full-time. They contacted me.

14 hours ago, bswtomsw1 said:

do you mind sharing your stats? when did you apply?

Sure! I believe I applied mid-December. I've done AmeriCorps in-state for a couple years after graduating with a 3.4 gpa from a top 10.

7 minutes ago, mswlbg said:

Not advanced standing, just the regular full-time. They contacted me.

Sure! I believe I applied mid-December. I've done AmeriCorps in-state for a couple years after graduating with a 3.4 gpa from a top 10.

Wow, you certainly deserve that spot. What did they contact you about, if you don’t mind me asking? Also what is a top 10?

ALSO: anyone else’s starting to freak out a little about the competition this year or is it just me? Apparently the applicant pool doubled after they removed the GRE.

Edited by honeynut
Freaking out on the inside

7 minutes ago, honeynut said:

Wow, you certainly deserve that spot. What did they contact you about, if you don’t mind me asking? Also what is a top 10?

ALSO: anyone else’s starting to freak out a little about the competition this year or is it just me? Apparently the applicant pool doubled after they removed the GRE.

Thanks! Sorry, top 10 meaning top 10 university. They contacted me about my interest in the program and potential funding opportunities.

17 hours ago, mswlbg said:

I got my official acceptance today, but I heard from Admissions two weeks ago that I had pretty much got in. No financial package yet.

That's great! Congratualations! 

1 hour ago, honeynut said:

I had no idea that the applicant pool doubled, I didn't include my GRE scores because they weren't stellar but decent for UNC, but my GPA and CV were pretty good. Is anyone else applying straight out of undergrad?

28 minutes ago, unctomsw said:

I had no idea that the applicant pool doubled, I didn't include my GRE scores because they weren't stellar but decent for UNC, but my GPA and CV were pretty good. Is anyone else applying straight out of undergrad?

yeah i found that info here

from what i can tell from this forum, lots of people get accepted into msw programs straight out of undergrad! 

On 1/31/2019 at 10:39 AM, unctomsw said:

I applied straight out of undergrad! I am so nervous

On 1/31/2019 at 5:55 AM, mswlbg said:

whoa, that's early! Congrats! 

Edited by calmchili