UNC MSW 2019

bswtomsw1

7 hours ago, honeynut said:

I saw on the results page that someone was rejected today, I am sorry to hear that, I know how much it hurts. Is anyone still waiting (in agony lol) who applied for the full time program? I’m trying not to get discouraged!

Here! I am still waiting for the result! ?

Still waiting, submitted my app on 12/17. It's killing me. I've been working at a domestic violence shelter and child advocacy center for about a year. Taught English in France for a year and hence have a high proficiency in French.. Hoping to work with refugees and study Polyvagal theory. I've got a 3.74 GPA from UF in Linguistics. Really hodge-podge background but hopefully its meaningful to them. Agh!

15 hours ago, Sgk19 said:

Hi there! I applied to the full time program by 1/8, still waiting to hear something. Is anyone else applying that didn’t major in Social Work in ungerdrad? 

Im so nervous because my gpa is nowhere near their average, but I refused to be discouraged.

My undergraduate major is Teaching Chinese as a Second Language, with GPA 3.14. LOL. So... Well, but I am kinda losing faith...

On 2/19/2019 at 6:18 PM, Sgk19 said:

Hi there! I applied to the full time program by 1/8, still waiting to hear something. Is anyone else applying that didn’t major in Social Work in ungerdrad? 

Im so nervous because my gpa is nowhere near their average, but I refused to be discouraged.

I was a History Major in undergrad, but interned in a Refugee Center overseas and volunteer regularly at a Women's Multi-service center in DC. GPA was 3.47. Still hoping for the best!

1 hour ago, WRJ said:

I just heard back today around 11AM, I was accepted!! Full time face-to-face :)

Awww.... congratulations! Mind sharing your stats and exp?

Edited by calmchili