Columbia SIPA 2019

hammyc

9 hours ago, Mrndege said:

No funding as well. Did anyone else decide to enroll with no funding? I enrolled to potentially increase my chances of aid, but I am still hesitating on committing to my decision...

How would this increase your chances of aid?

• 1 month later...

Today is the last date of paying the $2,000 fee for securing one's berth as it were. I haven't heard from the World Bank/Joint Japan scholarship people. Is there any chance SIPA will wait until result for the said scholarship are announced or will they revoke the admission offer?

• 1 year later...
On 4/13/2019 at 9:23 AM, lost_in_translation said:

Yes, the deadline for funding appeals was 5 p.m. Friday :(

It wasn't really publicized; you had to take initiative in emailing them, and then they replied with a form to fill out. I'm kicking myself for not asking for more money because they gave me close to what I requested. Honestly didn't expect anything because I didn't even have a competing offer to leverage.

I guess you can still try emailing them. With the April 15 deadline approaching, they'll probably have some extra money freed up.

Hey, long shot that you'd respond a year later but I am wondering how you found out about the appeals process. It wasn't advertised in my admission letter and I didn't find information about it anywhere else. I am terrified about the prospect of paying sticker price for this degree and hope I can appeal to the admissions office. Even if nothing changed, I'd feel better that I tried to advocate for myself.