2019Fall Applicants for IEOR Ph.D. Program

Claucisco

Nothing from Columbia or Princeton yet for me. My gut is telling me MIT is coming out pretty soon, if not today. While I have my fingers crossed for MIT, I'm not holding my breath. However, I expect MIT will clear out positions at other universities so those of us on waitlists (officially or silent waitlist) can have a shot!

Good luck everyone. I hope to work with some of you soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone get any good news yet or made any decisions on schools? I've been waitlisted from Georgia Tech, Chicago booth and Yale and currently waiting on Berkeley ieor after they sent me an email last week that my application is good and decisions being finalized soon. The wait is killing me! Getting into any of these schools would be a dream..

Same here. I've been waitlisted from Cornell and Columbia. I've also been waiting to hear back from Berkeley after I received a similar email last week. I was going to send them an email this afternoon but was also afraid that they might respond with a rejection lol. 

32 minutes ago, theonionring said:

Same here. I've been waitlisted from Cornell and Columbia. I've also been waiting to hear back from Berkeley after I received a similar email last week. I was going to send them an email this afternoon but was also afraid that they might respond with a rejection lol. 

Looks like someone who got the same email has gotten in already. Hmm..

47 minutes ago, ducky500 said:

hi @itheproofofstupidity  have you heard anything from georgia tech since being waitlisted, I was waitlisted as well. thanks!

Hey! Yeah I’ve been keeping in touch with a faculty there who has been advocating for me with the adcom. She reached out to me because my research interests align with her work and I wrote about her in my SoP. Seems like Georgia Tech often take many people off the waitlist so we can keep hope! It’s also a huge program (30-35 people per class). Check out the ISyE PhD twitter page. It is very very informative 

4 hours ago, wishyourofferscoming said:

I am choosing between Columbia IEOR and Northwestern IEMS...  I think I may end up going to Columbia.  

That is a very fortunate but tough choice to make! I wish you the best of luck and wise advisors in making a choice

On 3/7/2019 at 9:03 PM, itheproofofstupidity said:

Hey! Yeah I’ve been keeping in touch with a faculty there who has been advocating for me with the adcom. She reached out to me because my research interests align with her work and I wrote about her in my SoP. Seems like Georgia Tech often take many people off the waitlist so we can keep hope! It’s also a huge program (30-35 people per class). Check out the ISyE PhD twitter page. It is very very informative 

Hi there! Did you get any update from GATech? I have been waitlisted too but no more response. Did she tell you when there will be some updates? Thanks and fingers crossed! 

2 hours ago, chocoffee said:

Hi there! Did you get any update from GATech? I have been waitlisted too but no more response. Did she tell you when there will be some updates? Thanks and fingers crossed! 

Hey! No updates yet but she said she recently spoke with the dean recently about it but not really sure what that will mean in terms of timeline. 

When did you get waitlisted? I think they also sometimes do several rounds of waitlist. 

55 minutes ago, itheproofofstupidity said:

Hey! No updates yet but she said she recently spoke with the dean recently about it but not really sure what that will mean in terms of timeline. 

When did you get waitlisted? I think they also sometimes do several rounds of waitlist. 

Thanks for your reply! I got the notification on Feb 17 ( cannot believe it's a Sunday! ... 

12 minutes ago, chocoffee said:

Thanks for your reply! I got the notification on Feb 17 ( cannot believe it's a Sunday! ... 

Same! I got my notification at church. Was not a good feeling. 

My contact told me that it’s good I’m on the waitlist and that there’s a good chance I’ll get on. Fingers crossed for you too!

1 hour ago, itheproofofstupidity said:

Same! I got my notification at church. Was not a good feeling. 

My contact told me that it’s good I’m on the waitlist and that there’s a good chance I’ll get on. Fingers crossed for you too!

You too! Thank you! All the best. 

Hi guys, has anyone who was waitlisted by Georgia Tech heard from Professor Erera about the informational webinar, that he mentioned in his initial waitlist email, to learn more about the program?  Also, does anyone have any suggestions on what to do after being waitlisted. Should we just wait it out or should we reach out to anyone? Thank you very much.

1 hour ago, ducky500 said:

Hi guys, has anyone who was waitlisted by Georgia Tech heard from Professor Erera about the informational webinar, that he mentioned in his initial waitlist email, to learn more about the program?  Also, does anyone have any suggestions on what to do after being waitlisted. Should we just wait it out or should we reach out to anyone? Thank you very much.

That’s funny you ask because I actually emailed him earlier this afternoon asking about the webinar. I will update y’all if I get a response. Also, it might be a good idea to reach out to a faculty member you’d like to work with and express interest and see if they will lobby on your behalf. Otherwise, I think it’s just wait and see at this point ? fortunately is a really big program where 30-35 people are admitted so we waitlisted folk can keep hope! If you check out the ISyE PhD Twitter from like 2015/2016, they will sometimes tweet “as of today we have ten people accept their offers!” And then a few days later “we have twenty offers!” It gave me a good idea of timelines and how quickly people accept their offers and when we can expect to hear them. 

When all of us get in, we gotta get together and celebrate as students! 

@theonionring Hey! I gave the Berkeley department a call and they told me i am on the waitlist and told me my exact position. I suspect most of us who received that email are also on the waiting list. You should give them a ring and see what they say! They also told me the program has 10 spots so take that how you will. They also mentioned decisions should be finalized by end of next week. 

Edited by itheproofofstupidity