Happy February!

historygeek

13 hours ago, Jericho said:

In the past three days, I've gotten FOUR emails that my gmail account marked as "important" from schools with very vague subject lines. They have all been ads from schools inviting me to apply in PROGRAMS I DON'T EVEN STUDY. Getting the email and thinking I'll hear from a school for a flash and then seeing what it really is can be agonizing! But we made it to February, y'all.

SAME. They need to chill. 

2 hours ago, historygeek said:

Anyone trying to will acceptances into existence? Just me?

Definitely not just you! Each email I get, I think it’s from a school and then I have to take another look and be disappointed that it’s just coupons for Food Lion. At least I now know that I can get two bags of Goldfish for $4 this week. 

On 2/1/2019 at 9:46 PM, Jericho said:

In the past three days, I've gotten FOUR emails that my gmail account marked as "important" from schools with very vague subject lines. They have all been ads from schools inviting me to apply in PROGRAMS I DON'T EVEN STUDY. Getting the email and thinking I'll hear from a school for a flash and then seeing what it really is can be agonizing! But we made it to February, y'all.

exactly same happening with me. uni of dayton ffs.. 

20 minutes ago, Ternwild said:

Well, seems like I'm being ghosted still, which means next Friday I'll get a lot of emails telling me about how sorry people are. 

I'm feeling the same way.

Just now, ringoandme said:

Seriously. I haven't gotten a single official rejection yet. I'm going to mentally prepare myself and start contacting people tomorrow to inquire about my status. 

Are you presuming rejection from SLU? I don't think their decisions go out until later, but I could be wrong. 

I got one official rejection from Columbia, but with the fact that Michigan and Harvard sent out offers already (with radio silence to me), I'm just going to assume it's a no.

My interviewer (grad student in the group I'm applying to) told me that since I'd already had two interviews, this would probably be the last one.

Cue an additional four interview requests from other grad students in the same group. I have two today and two tomorrow.

I'm excited they want to talk to me but also, six interviews!!!!!!!!!! It's my absolute first choice so I'm giving it 110% in every one!

Edited by aggiezone

15 hours ago, historygeek said:

Are you presuming rejection from SLU? I don't think their decisions go out until later, but I could be wrong. 

I got one official rejection from Columbia, but with the fact that Michigan and Harvard sent out offers already (with radio silence to me), I'm just going to assume it's a no.

I'm assuming all rejections, really. Looks like UK sent out several acceptances already and we have 1 person reporting an acceptance from SLU's Philosophy PhD, and since I haven't heard anything, I'm starting to treat the silence as a presumed rejection. Who knew one of the hardest parts of this, emotionally, would be the silence rather than outright rejection letters? 

2 hours ago, ringoandme said:

I'm assuming all rejections, really. Looks like UK sent out several acceptances already and we have 1 person reporting an acceptance from SLU's Philosophy PhD, and since I haven't heard anything, I'm starting to treat the silence as a presumed rejection. Who knew one of the hardest parts of this, emotionally, would be the silence rather than outright rejection letters? 

I wouldn't write off anyone until several acceptances were listed! Yeah, I agree that the silence is WAY worse.

6 minutes ago, CurseTen said:

On my birthday recently, one of the schools I applied to sent me an email with the subject “Today’s the Day!”

I got really excited, opened the email, and groaned as I read “Happy Birthday on your special day!”

OH NO. 

On 2/13/2019 at 9:29 AM, CurseTen said:

On my birthday recently, one of the schools I applied to sent me an email with the subject “Today’s the Day!”

I got really excited, opened the email, and groaned as I read “Happy Birthday on your special day!”

I ran out of upvotes for the day, but wow was this one of the funniest things I’ve read on here!