Happy February!

historygeek

5 hours ago, veekee said:

February be nice, please!

I need an acceptance decision soon?

Rejected (1/7) Accepted (1/7)

Well, seems you've already gotten accepted to one!  So, at least you know for sure you're going to grad school! 

16 hours ago, Ternwild said:

Well, seems you've already gotten accepted to one!  So, at least you know for sure you're going to grad school! 

I actually made a mistake, it's actually 1 decision so far, a rejection.

I am tired of waiting.

2 minutes ago, veekee said:

I actually made a mistake, it's actually 1 decision so far, a rejection.

I am tired of waiting.

Oh! =(  Sorry about that.  I hope it gets better for you, soon!  You and I both could use the good news! =-P

12 hours ago, historygeek said:

Just got my official Harvard rejection on my birthday. Oof.

Aah I'm sorry, that's rough. Hope you managed to have a nice day anyway! And, happy belated birthday!

I don't understand how I can simultaneously have accepted that I'm not getting in this cycle and I'm looking forward to a MA in the UK, but still keep checking this website all the time and being so damn hopeful.

Also, Duke rejections didn't come out yesterday like in previous years. I just want them to make it official--aaahhh!

Happy late bday @historygeek!

55 minutes ago, elx said:

I don't understand how I can simultaneously have accepted that I'm not getting in this cycle and I'm looking forward to a MA in the UK, but still keep checking this website all the time and being so damn hopeful.

Also, Duke rejections didn't come out yesterday like in previous years. I just want them to make it official--aaahhh!

Happy late bday @historygeek!

I feel the same way about Penn and Brown, I know I'll be rejected from both and I'd really like them to actually tell me haha.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you hear good news from a PhD program (I know Cornell hasn't released decisions yet, and the situation with NYU has just been... confusing, so who knows), but otherwise an MA in the UK sounds like a great alternative! :)

13 minutes ago, Ternwild said:

But also and expensive alternative >_<.

I'm an EU citizen, so it's actually really affordable -- I'd get a loan that covers all of tuition and a bit of the living costs too :)

1 hour ago, Karou said:

I feel the same way about Penn and Brown, I know I'll be rejected from both and I'd really like them to actually tell me haha.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you hear good news from a PhD program (I know Cornell hasn't released decisions yet, and the situation with NYU has just been... confusing, so who knows), but otherwise an MA in the UK sounds like a great alternative! :)

Thank you! ❤️ I'm so confused about NYU, I keep checking their portal hoping to hear anything, but I also know they sometimes keep people waiting til April. Hope you hear from Brown and Penn soon!

10 minutes ago, elx said:

Thank you! ❤️ I'm so confused about NYU, I keep checking their portal hoping to hear anything, but I also know they sometimes keep people waiting til April. Hope you hear from Brown and Penn soon!

Thank you, I know I'm a good position right now so I'm not complaining, I just really want this whole thing to be over with. Gods, I hope NYU lets you know what's up before April! But you'll likely have heard from MA programs by then. When I was applying in the UK, York notified me within 10 days, which has effectively spoiled me for life in terms of having patience about these things. Oxford was very slow though (I heard late March I think), but each of their programs work very independently from one another, so you may hear sooner than that. Sorry I'm not really helping haha. Stay strong throughout the waiting process! ❤️

50 minutes ago, Ternwild said:

Let's hope not too bad. 

I'm pretty sure that even if I got accepted to everywhere I haven't heard back from so far, and Yale rescinded their rejection and begged me to go, this would still count as a bad time :D I'm never getting back the endless hours I spent on this website in January and refreshing the application portals -- the first time I heard anything was over a week into Feb.

Ah well, lessons learned for the next app cycle!

2 minutes ago, elx said:

I'm pretty sure that even if I got accepted to everywhere I haven't heard back from so far, and Yale rescinded their rejection and begged me to go, this would still count as a bad time :D I'm never getting back the endless hours I spent on this website in January and refreshing the application portals -- the first time I heard anything was over a week into Feb.

Ah well, lessons learned for the next app cycle!

Look at my signature.  You never learn. xD  I spend all my time here.  But, compared to my first couple times, I just don't bother with refreshing application pages, anymore.  I already know that there is really nothing more that I can do. 

3 minutes ago, Ternwild said:

Look at my signature.  You never learn. xD  I spend all my time here.  But, compared to my first couple times, I just don't bother with refreshing application pages, anymore.  I already know that there is really nothing more that I can do. 

I really, really hope this is your year -- you've obviously been very resilient in applying!

I've seen a couple (out of hundreds...) people say they got their result by checking the portal and that fact is haunting me :D 

Edited by elx

1 minute ago, elx said:

I really, really hope this is your year -- you've obviously been very resilient in applying!

I've seen a couple (out of hundreds...) people say they got their result by checking the portal and that fact is haunting me :D 

Haha, yeah, sometimes I've learned from the website and never once got an email from the program.  I only check pages once a weekend.  I mean, getting accepted doesn't mean I have 24 hours to accept. xD  Best thing you gotta due is just take your hands off the wheel and let fate/pure unadulterated luck do the rest. xD

5 minutes ago, Ternwild said:

Haha, yeah, sometimes I've learned from the website and never once got an email from the program.  I only check pages once a weekend.  I mean, getting accepted doesn't mean I have 24 hours to accept. xD  Best thing you gotta due is just take your hands off the wheel and let fate/pure unadulterated luck do the rest. xD

This is so sound, I'm gonna try to follow this advice instead of going on a refreshing rampage hahah

Longest February ever, and this is still all I see:

image.png.a44d6ee75ca8fd7e4416d6b0791741dc.png

I've heard from others last year not to expect anything until early March, and that has me all kinds of frustrated. My birthday is in 4 days and yet I JUST WANT THIS MONTH TO BE OVER.