Any HCDE/HCI Master's applicants out there?

ibsby98

4 hours ago, grad-kitty said:

I had an interview with a CMU alumni last week and haven't heard back since then. It went OK - not horrible but it could've been a lot better. CMU is kind of a long shot for me, and I wasn't sure if I should get my hopes up with the interview invite because it sounds like they've been interviewing everyone...

How did yours go? 

It went well for the most part. Definitely could have been more thorough on answering some of the questions though ha. 

I believe they interview more than most schools so I'm feeling the same way. Certainly a good sign though.

On 2/23/2019 at 9:58 AM, grad-kitty said:

I just got an acceptance to GT’s MS in HCI yesterday!! Super excited and I didn’t expect to hear back this early. Haven’t heard from CMU or UW yet though. 

OMG congratulations!!!

9 hours ago, produxtui said:

I was just accepted to Ga Tech's MSHCI (ID track) program over the weekend. Pretty sure my internship experience compensated for my low gpa. I did a year internship with a major corporation, then a semester with another, bigger corporation.

Also had an interview with CMU last week. Anyone heard back or want to tell how your interview with them went?

Congrats!!!! 

11 hours ago, produxtui said:

I was just accepted to Ga Tech's MSHCI (ID track) program over the weekend. Pretty sure my internship experience compensated for my low gpa. I did a year internship with a major corporation, then a semester with another, bigger corporation.

Also had an interview with CMU last week. Anyone heard back or want to tell how your interview with them went?

Wooow! That's great news, congrats!! 

I applied to MSHCI (Psychology track) but has not heard from them. 

I also had an interview with a CMU alum last week, have not heard back from them as well. I did not quite understand what they want from the interview & but I thought I could have done better in this interview!

On 2/23/2019 at 10:58 PM, grad-kitty said:

I just got an acceptance to GT’s MS in HCI yesterday!! Super excited and I didn’t expect to hear back this early. Haven’t heard from CMU or UW yet though. 

Congrats!! That's great news!

Do you mind sharing which track did you apply to? :D

Edited by Alexyc

18 minutes ago, gradpanda said:

Are the results out for CMU HCI?

I don't see anything out for them yet. But it looks like decisions have gone out early March in the past

1 minute ago, ibsby98 said:

I have literally been waiting for the next 2 weeks all year lol. Hopefully we all get some good news!

Yes hopefully... I don't know what to expect. I haven't received any interview invite from them also I am not sure if it is not a positive thing :(

13 hours ago, grad-kitty said:

Hey everyone, it looks like CMU is sending out acceptances now - I just received one this afternoon! Only thing is, their admitted student visit days overlap with GT’s lol...

good luck to everyone here, I hope you all receive good news soon!! 

Congratulations!!!!

I received a waitlist - my interview did not go well so this is all I can hope for!

Best of luck to everyone here! May you have good news! 

Excited to say I've been admitted to CMU's HCI program, too! 

It's a shame that the visit day overlaps with GT. How do you think they would feel about one day at each? Or is that a faux pas?

7 hours ago, produxtui said:

It's a shame that the visit day overlaps with GT. How do you think they would feel about one day at each? Or is that a faux pas?

I know! I'm already having trouble deciding between the programs and this just makes it even more difficult. 

I wish they had alternate dates we could choose from. For now I'm planning to leave one halfway and go to most of the second one - hopefully it works out ok ?

Edited by grad-kitty

On 2/8/2019 at 3:54 PM, ibsby98 said:

Its nerve-wracking going straight from undergrad because I feel like most of the applicants have a lot more to offer research-wise/work experience

Also coming straight from undergrad... fingers crossed!

I haven’t heard back from GT (interactive computing track), CMU and UW (HCDE) yet. Had an interview with CMU early Feb.  It seems like most of the applicants have already heard back from GT and CMU, so I am wondering if I should lose hope... :( 

Congrats to everyone who have been admitted!

15 hours ago, GWO said:

Anyone heard anything from UW? I am applying for HCID and HCDE, did anyone get interview so far?

I haven't heard anything from HCDE. They said they usually post results from the 15th of March so next Friday hopefully?

10 hours ago, Jp97 said:

I haven’t heard back from GT (interactive computing track), CMU and UW (HCDE) yet. Had an interview with CMU early Feb.  It seems like most of the applicants have already heard back from GT and CMU, so I am wondering if I should lose hope... :( 

Congrats to everyone who have been admitted!

Same with me for GT. I may be loosing hope to be honest. 

16 hours ago, GWO said:

Anyone heard anything from UW? I am applying for HCID and HCDE, did anyone get interview so far?

If anyone received an interview invitation from HCID, please let us know.........

Plus, is anyone seeing if someone from Seattle visited your portfolio website in the last couple of days?

They have visited my site until Feb (several times), and starting March they are not visiting at all... Not sure if this means I'm dropped from the candidate list :(

21 hours ago, Conviction said:

If anyone received an interview invitation from HCID, please let us know.........

Plus, is anyone seeing if someone from Seattle visited your portfolio website in the last couple of days?

They have visited my site until Feb (several times), and starting March they are not visiting at all... Not sure if this means I'm dropped from the candidate list :(

I saw them visited my portfolio a few times, but didn’t hear anything from them after March