Master of Teaching OISE 2019

tngus777

46 minutes ago, Scotts123 said:

I just hope they get back to us by tomorrow because queens has a 400$ deposit due. I’m losing my mind, I wish could find out already. :( 

i got an email! they sent me one saying to check my sgs and they had uploaded a document that was my official notification of waitlist status. super bummer. but i hope you hear back by tomorrow that’s so tough :( 

Just wanted to report that I got my acceptance letter on Friday, March 8 for MT I/S stream. I applied prior to the November 15 soft deadline. I got an email that linked me to SGS. I can try to answer questions if you have any.

Edited by BFritters

13 minutes ago, BFritters said:

Just wanted to report that I got my acceptance letter on Friday, March 8 for MT I/S stream. I applied prior to the November 15 soft deadline. I got an email that linked me to SGS. I can try to answer questions if you have any.

Congrats, I wish you all the best!!! Just was wondering if your ACORN was updated before receiving the email, and if you don’t mind me asking, what was your average in your final year? 

2 hours ago, BFritters said:

congrats!! :) I was wondering what your teachables were? 

3 hours ago, Scotts123 said:

Congrats, I wish you all the best!!! Just was wondering if your ACORN was updated before receiving the email, and if you don’t mind me asking, what was your average in your final year? 

I got my email and ACORN update all at roughly the same time. I checked Friday morning before going to the gym(No change). I checked after a 1hr workout and both SGS and ACORN were updated.  My culminative average was 78%(the one I used on my application), and my upper year marks calculated a 84%. 

And thank you! I have been waiting quite a few years to finally see this.

Edited by BFritters

2 hours ago, BFritters said:

I got my email and ACORN update all at roughly the same time. I checked Friday morning before going to the gym(No change). I checked after a 1hr workout and both SGS and ACORN were updated.  My culminative average was 78%(the one I used on my application), and my upper year marks calculated a 84%. 

And thank you! I have been waiting quite a few years to finally see this.

Why do you mean by the one you used for your application? I thought oise uses the final year 

10 hours ago, Scotts123 said:

Why do you mean by the one you used for your application? I thought oise uses the final year 

They do, but on the application there was a section to fill out your average without a distinction as to whether they meant "last year, overall or faculty." So I filled in my overall average for the app. However, during an event someone said they look at the final year marks or if the order is weird (my last term of school in my undergrad was 1 first-year breadth requirement  that I did alongside a RAship) they calculate your 'most recent upperyear marks.' I interpreted this as that you need a 'mid 70 to apply (74+)' but admissions are granted based on upperyear/final year marks, letters, references, teaching hours, etc.

I would just like to clarify that I could be wrong. There are a number of pitfalls in the app that unless I had attended the open house, I would have easily made a mistake. I may still have as evident by this confusion.

Edited by BFritters

Just found this forum lol I want to let you guys know that the waiting has also been stressful for me but I finally got my acceptance letter today to the MT program for P/J! I applied prior to the November 15 deadline and got an email from SGS! Be patient guys it's coming! Good luck! 

44 minutes ago, HOPE4OISE said:

Just found this forum lol I want to let you guys know that the waiting has also been stressful for me but I finally got my acceptance letter today to the MT program for P/J! I applied prior to the November 15 deadline and got an email from SGS! Be patient guys it's coming! Good luck! 

Congrats on getting in! Can you let us know when you applied (including letters of reference)? Also how was your work experience/GPA. I applied for the P/J stream too ?

2 hours ago, HOPE4OISE said:

I am so happy to hear this, it gives me some hope!!! I also applied to P/J and as the days go by I become more and more anxious and have begun losing hope. I appreciate you informing us that you have received and acceptance, it’s like the light at the end of the tunnel for me.  All your hard work has paid off!! I wish you all the best, and congratulations. :) 

10 hours ago, NSNSNSNS said:

Congrats on getting in! Can you let us know when you applied (including letters of reference)? Also how was your work experience/GPA. I applied for the P/J stream too ?

Thanks! I think I applied either on November 14 or the final day November 15. Both of my reference letters were submitted a day or two before that as well. I went to york university so the GPA scale is quite different but my average was about 88% for my final year marks. Also I did not have much work experience so I was quite surprised to get the offer: 3 years of tutoring, 2 months of summer camp and 1 year as an assistant teacher. Hope that helps! 

9 hours ago, Scotts123 said:

I am so happy to hear this, it gives me some hope!!! I also applied to P/J and as the days go by I become more and more anxious and have begun losing hope. I appreciate you informing us that you have received and acceptance, it’s like the light at the end of the tunnel for me.  All your hard work has paid off!! I wish you all the best, and congratulations. :) 

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm sure your acceptance is coming, just try to stay positive! :) 

23 minutes ago, HOPE4OISE said:

Thanks! I think I applied either on November 14 or the final day November 15. Both of my reference letters were submitted a day or two before that as well. I went to york university so the GPA scale is quite different but my average was about 88% for my final year marks. Also I did not have much work experience so I was quite surprised to get the offer: 3 years of tutoring, 2 months of summer camp and 1 year as an assistant teacher. Hope that helps! 

Wow this is very similar to my application. Hope restored lol. Thank you!