Northern Arizona - 2019 Summer track

Toya

Hi! I was accepted to NAU and I am so excited! It's my first acceptance and honestly, I didn't think I would get in due to my GPA and GRE score. Thank goodness they look at other areas as well. Has anyone else been accepted? If so, where are you from? I am from CA and have been an SLPA for almost three years. 

Congrats! I applied to NAU too, but for the Full-Time Track. Do you mind sharing what your GPA and GRE scores were? My stats are low and "not competitive" (less than 3.5 and below 300/gre) so I wouldn't be surprised if I don't get accepted anywhere this cycle ?

27 minutes ago, eachey17 said:

Congrats! I applied to NAU too, but for the Full-Time Track. Do you mind sharing what your GPA and GRE scores were? My stats are low and "not competitive" (less than 3.5 and below 300/gre) so I wouldn't be surprised if I don't get accepted anywhere this cycle ?

Thank you. My stats are not "competitive" as well. I read so many things from individuals getting in with a low GRE/GPA score and it gave me hope. I thought if they can do it, so  can I. With that being said, my terrible scores are CumGpa 2.8, 3.5 in major. My GRE is less than 290! My SOI talked about all the experience I had and how I worked two jobs during my COMD courses (sort of explained that I worked over 45 hours a week and still had a 3.5). Prior to being an SLPA, I worked as a teacher's aid with deaf children for 5+ years. I am also fluent in ASL and had amazing LORs.

23 hours ago, eachey17 said:

I just heard back from NAU for the full-time track and was accepted with similar stats as you. My undergrad GPA was a cumulative 3.1 but I did have a 305 combined GRE score. I think that they weigh heavy on the personal statement and letters of recommendation, instead of solely looking at GPA/GRE.

On 2/7/2019 at 5:40 PM, BCBASLP said:

I just heard back from NAU for the full-time track and was accepted with similar stats as you. My undergrad GPA was a cumulative 3.1 but I did have a 305 combined GRE score. I think that they weigh heavy on the personal statement and letters of recommendation, instead of solely looking at GPA/GRE.

That's encouraging! I'm confident in my statement and letters :)

On 2/6/2019 at 7:09 PM, Toya said:

Thank you. My stats are not "competitive" as well. I read so many things from individuals getting in with a low GRE/GPA score and it gave me hope. I thought if they can do it, so  can I. With that being said, my terrible scores are CumGpa 2.8, 3.5 in major. My GRE is less than 290! My SOI talked about all the experience I had and how I worked two jobs during my COMD courses (sort of explained that I worked over 45 hours a week and still had a 3.5). Prior to being an SLPA, I worked as a teacher's aid with deaf children for 5+ years. I am also fluent in ASL and had amazing LORs.

My GRE scores are less than 290 as well! This gives me hope that my scores aren't a "kiss of death" for an acceptance. 

1 hour ago, libbyyehca said:

My GRE scores are less than 290 as well! This gives me hope that my scores aren't a "kiss of death" for an acceptance. 

I know that is what I thought as well but it is not a death sentence and I'm glad they looked at other areas. 

10 hours ago, KendallSLPA said:

Hi! I heard from them a week ago and was also accepted to the summers track as well ? I have been an SLPA for 1 year now. I’m very excited to start the program!

Yayyyyy congrats!

13 hours ago, KendallSLPA said:

Congrats to you too! Will you be attending? 

I believe I am, as the program seems more feasible with my lifestyle (work) but I am still waiting to hear back from all the schools and see what my options are. What about you?

On 2/9/2019 at 10:26 PM, Toya said:

I believe I am, as the program seems more feasible with my lifestyle (work) but I am still waiting to hear back from all the schools and see what my options are. What about you?

Congratulations! When did you hear from them? Email? Phone call? I applied and haven't heard anything...yet.

10 hours ago, Ggslpa said:

Congratulations! When did you hear from them? Email? Phone call? I applied and haven't heard anything...yet.

9 hours ago, libbyyehca said:

I'm waiting to hear back from NAU too, I submitted my app before the deadline.

Thank you. I applied January 12th and was emailed 1/31. 

4 hours ago, Ggslpa said:

Hey guys,

Anyone still waiting to be notified of a decision. I'm not too hopeful anymore but I put a lot of energy into my application and I'm still waiting.....:/

They sent decisions out really early, but it's still a possibility! Don't lose hope just yet.

19 hours ago, OregonSLP said:

Has everyone on here been accepted for the 2019 Summer Track, or also Full-Time Fall?

Also still waiting to hear!

I applied for part time summer track

Edited by KendallSLPA

21 hours ago, Toya said:

Have you heard anything from UofSC? 

I didn't end up applying. I need to update my info. I'm not sure where it even says that lol. I applied to NAU (waiting), TWU (rejected), James Madison(rejected) and Uof Wisconsin Eau claire (waitlisted), I'm applying to one more soon.

6 hours ago, Ggslpa said:

I didn't end up applying. I need to update my info. I'm not sure where it even says that lol. I applied to NAU (waiting), TWU (rejected), James Madison(rejected) and Uof Wisconsin Eau claire (waitlisted), I'm applying to one more soon.

It says the info in your signature, lol. If you only want online schools then try Emerson as well. 

On 2/14/2019 at 11:16 AM, OregonSLP said:

Has everyone on here been accepted for the 2019 Summer Track, or also Full-Time Fall?

Also still waiting to hear!

Summer's track.