BU MSW Fall 2019

katface

There was a person in the main thread talking about mid Feb for priority deadline. They attended an info session and was told this. My email says by the end of Feb, I got everything in by priority deadline and I'm just the tradition track for clinical.

Thank you for reply, I want to do clinical as well. I’m not advanced standing, but I did submit my application by the priority deadline. Crossing my fingers! Are you definitely going to BU? It’s my home state. I’ve been away ever since I joined the Air Force.

6 minutes ago, Tamarariel said:

@Tomlinson87 Good luck, I hope you get in and hear soon! I am definitely going to BU- I just need to call to inquire about merit scholarships. I was not offered one in my email and my GPA is near perfect (I need all the funds I can get, especially since I will be relocating). Thank you for serving our country! 

Oh gosh, yes it’s so expensive near Boston. I’m gonna commute further away. I hope you get a lot of money from them. Thank you!

On 2/16/2019 at 1:33 PM, Tomlinson87 said:

Got my rejection yesterday around 3pm eastern.

I’m sorry to hear. Hopefully you have other options you can consider instead. And I think @doctormelody mentioned BU admissions is very finicky, so this decision may not be an accurate reflection of your overall credentials. 

(As a side note, no one seems to be responding about acceptances for the full-time regular track—I still haven’t heard back either and I also applied by the priority deadline—so I’m curious why they’ve decided to email out rejections first?)

Good luck on any other decisions you’re waiting on!!

I got an automated email at the end of January stating "Recommendation Request Submitted to Recommender", however, all of my recommenders had already submitted their letters plus my application had already been marked complete by the priority deadline. Do you think I should be worried about this/reach out to admissions? I still have not received a decision but we still have 2 weeks left of the month.

3 hours ago, mnvt said:

I got an automated email at the end of January stating "Recommendation Request Submitted to Recommender", however, all of my recommenders had already submitted their letters plus my application had already been marked complete by the priority deadline. Do you think I should be worried about this/reach out to admissions? I still have not received a decision but we still have 2 weeks left of the month.

Hmm it can’t hurt to send them an email and confirm if that was just a glitch in the system or not!

1 hour ago, mnvt said:

Thanks for the advice, it was a glitch in the system! I will be finding out my decision by tomorrow

That's great. I'm waiting to hear back too. Are you clinical or macro? Traditional track?

Hi again, everyone! I applied to BU on 12/1 (regular, full-time, on-campus) and called their admissions office yesterday to ask for a general timeline of when I'd hear back, as U of M is waiting on my enrollment deposit (due 3/15) and I don't want to pay the $300 if I don't have to... They told me that I'd know by the end of the month (so next Friday). I see that others have heard that they'll receive a decision by end of day tomorrow... I'm hoping this doesn't mean I'll hear bad news...

37 minutes ago, katface said:

Hi again, everyone! I applied to BU on 12/1 (regular, full-time, on-campus) and called their admissions office yesterday to ask for a general timeline of when I'd hear back, as U of M is waiting on my enrollment deposit (due 3/15) and I don't want to pay the $300 if I don't have to... They told me that I'd know by the end of the month (so next Friday). I see that others have heard that they'll receive a decision by end of day tomorrow... I'm hoping this doesn't mean I'll hear bad news...

Hmmm, perhaps whoever is answering the phone vs emails (I emailed them) were told 2 different things lol, so it probably doesn’t mean too much!

Well, fingers crossed I’ll actually hear back tomorrow. I’ll keep this forum posted!

Hi everyone! I applied January 9th, just making the priority deadline. I then received an email saying I should hear back by the end of February. BU is the only school I haven't heard back from so I'm ready to know whether its a yes or a no lol.

Does anyone know BU's rep for providing aid (are they generous or not?)? I'd be coming from NJ so I'd really need a good chunk of money to even consider going there given I'd probably need an apartment or something.