BU MSW Fall 2019

katface

I got my acceptance email! & to those asking, I received the scholarship notice in the same email as well, but I plan to ask for more. 

1 hour ago, v.oye said:

I got my acceptance email! & to those asking, I received the scholarship notice in the same email as well, but I plan to ask for more. 

Congrats!!! Hopefully you’ll be able to secure more funding!

23 hours ago, MSWgrl2019 said:

GOT MY ACCEPTANCE YESTERDAY FULL TIME ADVANCED STANDING IM SO EXCITED! 

I HAVE TO COMMIT BY MARCH 18, but I’m still waiting on Columbia 

I had the same deadline I asked them for an extension and they gave me until April 1st. 

Does anyone know when course registration/field work placement process begins? Also, I was given an extension until 4/15

I got an email yesterday saying 

After reviewing your credentials, we have determined that we are unable to make an admission decision at this time. We therefore have decided to hold your application, which will be reviewed again no later than April 5, 2019. Please note that you may receive notification of your admission status earlier than that date.”

does this mean waitlist or do I still have hope?? 

17 minutes ago, Arielbrown said:

I got an email yesterday saying 

After reviewing your credentials, we have determined that we are unable to make an admission decision at this time. We therefore have decided to hold your application, which will be reviewed again no later than April 5, 2019. Please note that you may receive notification of your admission status earlier than that date.”

does this mean waitlist or do I still have hope?? 

Not sure whether it's an official waitlist but imho that probably means that they're waiting to see how many people accept their offer before they offer you a spot. I'm sorry it's not the news you were hoping for.

Edited by doctormelody

1 hour ago, strawberrycows said:

I applied for that deadline and got accepted today :)

Me too! :):)  So exciting! Such a bummer that it seems that they mostly offer loans. Is that what you received as well?

3 hours ago, jo0210 said:

Me too! :):)  So exciting! Such a bummer that it seems that they mostly offer loans. Is that what you received as well?

Congrats! Yeah, I received a 16k scholarship and 20k loans. Not sure I can afford to go. ? What about you?

3 hours ago, strawberrycows said:

Congrats! Yeah, I received a 16k scholarship and 20k loans. Not sure I can afford to go. ? What about you?

That’s awesome!!!! Good for you! Congrats! Looking through this forum, it seems that BU doesn’t give a lot of scholarships, so I am really happy for you. I am sure you worked really hard to get here! And as for me, I didn’t get into UC Berkeley, BU has given me nothing but loans, but BC gave me 20k/year, so I am thinking that I will most likely be attending BC next year unless something wild happens with BU’s aid. I see you live in California also, what are you thinking?

On 3/16/2019 at 1:38 AM, jo0210 said:

That’s awesome!!!! Good for you! Congrats! Looking through this forum, it seems that BU doesn’t give a lot of scholarships, so I am really happy for you. I am sure you worked really hard to get here! And as for me, I didn’t get into UC Berkeley, BU has given me nothing but loans, but BC gave me 20k/year, so I am thinking that I will most likely be attending BC next year unless something wild happens with BU’s aid. I see you live in California also, what are you thinking?

Congrats on your acceptance to BC and on your scholarship! I'm really happy for you ?

I was hoping to stay in California but I might be going out of state. I got rejected to UCLA which was my first choice ? and I'm still waiting on Cal State Long Beach and Cal State LA. So far, I've been accepted to UW and BU and I'm leaning more toward UW. I just need to hear back from financial aid first before I make a decision.

Edited by strawberrycows

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I'd connected with y'all at the BU admitted students day! (Or maybe I did?)  I also sat in a class at BC and BU, which was really helpful.

I gave my deposit to BU, but I'm still waiting for Smith, and I'm going to see if BC will increase my scholarship.  I got $44k at BU and $30k at BC.

Congratulations on getting in, and good luck with any decisions you have left to make!

Edited by Anatta

@Anatta was your BC scholarship $30k in total, or $30k/year? I was thinking about asking for more aid but also want to know what their scholarship range is before I ask. Congrats on all your schools and scholarships, and fingers crossed you hear from Smith soon!

On 4/10/2019 at 3:58 AM, jo0210 said:

@Anatta was your BC scholarship $30k in total, or $30k/year? I was thinking about asking for more aid but also want to know what their scholarship range is before I ask. Congrats on all your schools and scholarships, and fingers crossed you hear from Smith soon!

@jo0210 Thank you!  I had a "rejection" letter from Smith waiting for me at home last night... Took six days to get to me in the mail.  A quick email would have saved some stress!  (I put rejection in quotes because I really try to avoid thinking in terms of rejection in a dating context. There are different ways to interpret and put meaning to the same events.  May as well bring that into this context as well?)

My BC scholarship was $30k total.  You got $40k total?  I guess there's no harm in asking for more!  I asked, and they are considering it.  Good luck!!