SJSU MSW Fall 2019

Mmarquez28

On 4/18/2019 at 11:49 AM, Pleasantnerd said:

Waiting to hear back too.  Applied to the online program.  There is still hope for us who havent heard back!  Seems in past years that people have gotten words of acceptance through May and even in June in some rare cases.

I got an email from the Dean requesting additional info to process my application? It was sent a week ago but I just found it  in my spam. I will call them tomorrow... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All! 

I'm stressing-- this morning I woke up to an email from SJSU stating the following: 

"According to our records, your file has been referred to the department. At this time your application is under department review. The Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations Office is not involved in this phase of the review and will not be able to provide any additional information about your status while you are referred to the department. We want you to know that we do not have specific updated information to provide because departments have a separate review process." 

Did anyone else receive an email like this through mySJSU account before they were admitted? or in general? I'm confused because my application status has said "Referred to Department" for the longest.  I'm trying to remain as positive as I can, but it's starting to be very discouraging that it is taking this long! Please let me know I'm not the only one who received an email similar. 

Best of luck!! 

2 hours ago, Alebar said:

Hi All! 

I'm stressing-- this morning I woke up to an email from SJSU stating the following: 

"According to our records, your file has been referred to the department. At this time your application is under department review. The Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations Office is not involved in this phase of the review and will not be able to provide any additional information about your status while you are referred to the department. We want you to know that we do not have specific updated information to provide because departments have a separate review process." 

Did anyone else receive an email like this through mySJSU account before they were admitted? or in general? I'm confused because my application status has said "Referred to Department" for the longest.  I'm trying to remain as positive as I can, but it's starting to be very discouraging that it is taking this long! Please let me know I'm not the only one who received an email similar. 

Best of luck!! 

I came here to post that I received this email as well.  It was sent at 11:00pm last night.  Hopefully it means they are looking at our applications this week or next and that we will hear back soon.

On 4/23/2019 at 9:32 PM, MotherofJustice said:

I got an email from the Dean requesting additional info to process my application? It was sent a week ago but I just found it  in my spam. I will call them tomorrow... 

I had also gotten this email, and when I called they told me that it was a mistake.  I think it was an accidental email sent to everyone.

2 hours ago, Pleasantnerd said:

I had also gotten this email, and when I called they told me that it was a mistake.  I think it was an accidental email sent to everyone.

Wait, so you received both emails from SJSU? 

1 hour ago, Alebar said:

Wait, so you received both emails from SJSU? 

Yes I did.  Sorry let me clarify - 

MotherofJustice received an email a few weeks ago from the general graduate program office at SJSU.  I also recieved the same email as her in my spam box (i'm assuming this is the case because her description sounds exactly like what mine).  It was an email that said we had to give additional information on our application.  I called the graduate admissions office because I thought I had submitted everything nececcsary.  After I called, they informed me that they had mistakenly sent out that email to an email list and to disregard it.

Today I recieved the same email as you, Alebar.  Technically it was sent last night, but I opened it this morning.  It told me to check my new messages on the MYSJSU.  This was the message I recieved:

Date/Time:

05/01/2019  9:53:30.000000PM

Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations

Subject:

Referred to Department

Message Text:

Greetings,

According to our records, your file has been referred to the department. At this time your application is under department review. The Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations Office is not involved in this phase of the review and will not be able to provide any additional information about your status while you are referred to the department. We want you to know that we do not have specific updated information to provide because departments have a separate review process. 

We advise you to continue to check your MySJSU account for updates. Shortly after your admission status is updated, you will receive a MySJSU message with details about the updated status.

We appreciate your patience during this decision period.

Regards,

Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly I have recieved a letter of rejection today at 12:46pm.  It stings, but it helps to know I need to put more work in.  Congratulations to all who were accepted and good luck to those still in the running.  And for those who are in my boat, don't get discouraged.  Opporunities will come as long as we work steadfastly towards our goals.

I also received a letter of rejection today. The letter mentioned that there were over 650 applicants. I have a friend that received a letter of admission. So there is still hope for those of you that have not heard back. 

I was rejected on 5/16 from the on-campus program. They said I had good qualifications, but I think my downfall was not having enough experience. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2019 at 9:58 AM, Pleasantnerd said:

Yes my “accidental email,” was the same as yours. Sorry to hear that you were rejected this time. Thank you for posting because your positivity will make the sting hurt less if I get rejected as well. It’s almost June and I am still in the dark. I still have a little hope but at this point I would just like an answer. 

On 5/16/2019 at 12:58 PM, Britbree said:

I also received a letter of rejection today. The letter mentioned that there were over 650 applicants. I have a friend that received a letter of admission. So there is still hope for those of you that have not heard back. 

Thank you for your updates. 650 applications doesn’t  seem like a lot considering that they need to fill several classrooms and hundreds must be needed to fill the online program. Do you know how many were admitted to the MSW program?