What are people's experiences being waitlisted?

Waitlistedbuthopeful

5 hours ago, nimsaj95 said:

Speaking of waiting, anyone know if faculty have a "deadline" for extending their first choice offers? My first choice POI has basically said he wants to accept me if departmental funding issues are resolved, but I don't know when is an appropriate time to give up hope and accept my other offer (a great program I am thankful for, but not a great fit). Feeling worn down..

I'm in the exact same position. It is very difficult waiting to hear back from a program when it's so unpredictable whether you will be offered a spot or not..especially when you have another great offer that is waiting for you to respond. PM me if you want to talk!

On 3/19/2019 at 2:46 AM, Waitlistedbuthopeful said:

Ugh, I feel you! Hang in there!  I hope you hear back very soon with good news.  Being waitlisted somehow feels worse than outright rejection...being so close yet so far, stuck in that awful uncertainty.  Be proud of all your hard work and accomplishments so far and remember it's not over just yet!  

Thank you! I hear back in April, and I am praying! I sent a letter of continued interest, so im hoping that may help at the very least. If not, then I hope im up high on the list. Thank u for the kind words! I hope you hear back soon!

• 4 weeks later...