SoCal Applicants!

1 hour ago, slptobe13 said:

I'm an undergrad at CSUN currently and I believe the most recent cohort has around 50 people in it and I've been told it's one of the most they've had. 

Thanks for the info! That’s a massive cohort for a SoCal CSU. ??

@Rezzy S. I'd like to stay positive and think we have a chance. I used to work for admissions at a UC. They have to update an entry manually on a student information system / file and in paperwork before decisions are uploaded and "live" and I assume generating these emails also takes planning and time! 

plus waitlists are always a thing.. but who knows could be different at cal state? 

Thanks for the tag with the LA/OC schools topic!!! 

My professor who is also affiliated w Redlands did not mention anything about acceptances... she just wished me luck and mentioned "soon" I think theyre still deciding.. anyone know when they let people know last year? I am also highly considering this program.

9 minutes ago, SLPestudiante said:

My professor who is also affiliated w Redlands did not mention anything about acceptances... she just wished me luck and mentioned "soon" I think theyre still deciding.. anyone know when they let people know last year? I am also highly considering this program.

People found out on 3/15 last year :) 

Does anyone know how long the programs actually are at CSUF and CSUN? I really can’t afford to be out of work for 3 years so I’m hoping to get in at CSULA since it follows a cohort system and everyone finishes in 2 years.

1 hour ago, DjSLP2B said:

Does anyone know how long the programs actually are at CSUF and CSUN? I really can’t afford to be out of work for 3 years so I’m hoping to get in at CSULA since it follows a cohort system and everyone finishes in 2 years.

I've heard a lot of people take 2.5-3 years at CSUN because its hard to get classes. Not sure about CSUF.

39 minutes ago, Rezzy S. said:

Has anyone received decisions from Chapman or Redlands?

No for Redlands. Any day now.

Redlands has become my top school now that I've been waitlisted at CBU

Edited by Emehteg1

1 hour ago, Emehteg1 said:

No for Redlands. Any day now.

Redlands has become my top school now that I've been waitlisted at CBU

Are you near the top of the waitlist? On Edfind it says they made 51 admission offers for 24 spots last year, so you probably have a good shot at getting in!

Edited by Rezzy S.

22 minutes ago, Rezzy S. said:

Are you near the top of the waitlist? On Edfind it says they made 51 admission offers for 24 spots last year, so you probably have a good shot at getting in!

I'm not sure how I'm ranked. I have many questions about how/who to email asking them where I'm at on the waitlist. 

2 minutes ago, Jspeechy said:

Ahh has anyone received anything yet? I haven’t! Hopefully they didn’t send all acceptances out at once 

Nothing yet. From last years results page, it doesn’t look like they sent everything at once, but who knows. 

14 minutes ago, Socalspeechie said:

I haven't heard anything from Chapman either ? Hoping they are sending acceptances out in waves. Congrats to everybody accepted so far!

Ahhh best of luck to everyone! This is so stressful! Now we have to wait until next week I suppose? 

7 hours ago, Rosegrl211 said:

According to the results forum, Chapman acceptances are starting to go out!!

Does anyone know if there's a way to check about being waitlisted for Chapman?

2 hours ago, slptobe13 said:

Does anyone know if there's a way to check about being waitlisted for Chapman?

Last year it looks like there was a one week delay between acceptances and waitlist emails. 

• 1 month later...