Keough School of Global Affairs 2019 Applicants

Nurudeen

Hello, 

To keep myself from going through the Notre Dame application portal continuously. I decided to start this thread, to know how many of us applied to Keough School of Global Affairs. First of all, I'm a current Peace and Conflict Studies student at the University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria. I'm applying to the International Programme cause for one, I feel inadequate in my current programme: 

1. It is too "academicentric" and offer less practical knowledge

2. It doesn't have that feel of international concentration even though I'm specaislising in International conflict 

3. Even though, the first set of students would graduate this year, I believe the Keough School of Global Affairs offers a more practicality to the field of Peace Studies in terms of the connection with international organisations and the immersion of students into practical world issues.

well, I don't have another point! I would rather like to see other hopefuls while we wait for the admission committee resolutions

I'm also applying to the Keough School! I'm currently a Peace Corps Volunteer in the Republic of Georgia. I'm applying for the International Peace Studies concentration and, based on your current studies and interests, I'm guessing you probably are too? 

I'm hoping we won't hear back too late, as I'm also checking my email and the portal far more than is healthy considering how early it still is. Good luck, and I hope we'll see each other in the fall!

Ha! It's nice to know am not the only one constantly doing the unhealthy thing of going through the portal like it would change anytime soon other than the April announcement. 

Yes. Your guess is right. I am applying for the International Peace Studies track. You being in Peace Corps sounds great. Did something like that here in Nigeria! But more or less creating Peace awareness at the grassroots level.

Nice meeting you. 

Here is hoping we meet in Southbend too!

On 2/16/2019 at 1:12 AM, spidy said:

I'm also applying to the Keough School! I'm currently a Peace Corps Volunteer in the Republic of Georgia. I'm applying for the International Peace Studies concentration and, based on your current studies and interests, I'm guessing you probably are too? 

I'm hoping we won't hear back too late, as I'm also checking my email and the portal far more than is healthy considering how early it still is. Good luck, and I hope we'll see each other in the fall!

Hey, I also applied to the Keough MGA and am also a RPCV from Zambia!  I’ve been searching the results and it looks like decisions went out the first few days of March last year, so that’s what I’m hoping for this year.  I keeping checking my email obsessively too!  

Hello,

I'm extremely glad and happy to have discovered this forum for applicants to Netro Dame, school of Global affairs 2019. Happy to hear your shout outs and concerns about this program. I am from Uganda and a prospective student and serving with Defence Forces of Uganda , I plied  for MGA with specific interest in International Peace Studies having worked in Peace keeping mission Areas i feel i should enroll for this program because i feel i don, t have enough knowledge and skills to handle certain situations at my work place. it looks to be a well blended program with field work exercises and incredible lectures. I am also eagerly waiting for the response and i don,t know whether i have the required credentials to be admitted on this course.   I cant wait to hear from these guys the wait is killing me. my warm greetings to all prospective applicants  MGA on this forum and best wishes. The decision may be issued out towards the end of the this month.   

Edited by Kushee

Warm regards to you to Kushee. The program is still a little bit untested. Since the next graduating set would be the first set that would graduate from the programme.

That said, the programme seems to be having people from all over the world because of the generously funding which would make it one of the most extremely competitive Peace programme. 

You seem to have the required background and experience required for admissions. We just have to wait and see! 

Best of luck Kushee!

1 hour ago, spidy said:

Happy March, everyone! I’m hoping we’ll be finding out sooner (read: today) rather than later. Good luck to all!

Is there any particular reason to believe decisions come out today?

I gave them a call yesterday, and they said that decisions normally come out by the beginning of April (as it says on the website), and they're on course to release decisions within the next two weeks. Guess we can stop refreshing our emails ?

Holy moly! Guess the wait is about to be over! I mailed Miss Jody (the admission administrative officer)  a week ago concerning prospective interviews-- she said "Thank you for your inquiry. A Skype interview is an important part of the process if we feel we need additional information. Not all applicants on the short list are interviewed". Has anybody being interviewed yet?

5 hours ago, spidy said:

Results are out—I’m in with full funding!! Best of luck to all of you as well, hope you received a similar response  :) 

Got a mini-heart attack when I read your post. Still no word here for the Sustainable Development concentration.

Congratulations!

22 hours ago, Spurs said:

Got a mini-heart attack when I read your post. Still no word here for the Sustainable Development concentration.

Congratulations!

Nevermind, I'm in too! SO happy ?

6 minutes ago, CoolRadOh said:

I called Judy who said that they received over 400 applications this year and will send them out in the next two weeks.  She sounded stressed.  

It is frustrating how little communication there’s been with applicants.  

400 applicants for the entire program?