.......Can we? Come together and bask in our anxieties and worries? Am I the only one here? ??????

Today I woke up wanting to e-mail the PI (at my top program) and telling them that they’re my #1 choice, lmao.

It’s only been a week post-interview for this program, but I love it SO freaking much..... and the PI immediately responded to my post-interview email with such great/warm feedback........... Ugh. 

What are all of you thinking about and ruminating over? I would cancel my upcoming interviews immediately if I received an offer from this PI, tbh ??

I feel this thread so hard, lmao. Literally just went to the interview day for my dream school and still haven't heard anything. To make it worse, I know that the chair of grad studies is already starting the acceptance phone calls so cue the anxiety. Have wanted to reach out to my POI so many times but didn't want to risk looking like I'm kissing ass especially since I already said thanks LOL

7 minutes ago, ventiamericano said:

Have wanted to reach out to my POI so many times but didn't want to risk looking like I'm kissing ass especially since I already said thanks LOL

I got a little "closure" with the PI at the end of the interview day and expressed my gratitude for the opportunity, then followed up with a thank-you e-mail the next day after interviews, saying thanks AGAIN lmfao....

The PI told me in their response I could e-mail them in the meantime with any questions, and I'm trying so hard to not to send an e-mail.................................... I just want them to KNOW that this feeling is real and I would not wait even the slightest second to accept LOL ahhhhhhhh what if I'm not even their top choice, I will....... be so heartbroken fml

14 minutes ago, 41l1!I2 said:

Sent thank you emails to the people I interviewed with, and stated that they're my #1 choice. 

You're bold af, lol. But don't feel bad, 2 PIs never responded to my e-mails, and I feel some kind of way after other PIs have responded... idk. This sh!t sucks

5 minutes ago, checkingmyemail said:

I got a little "closure" with the PI at the end of the interview day and expressed my gratitude for the opportunity, then followed up with a thank-you e-mail the next day after interviews, saying thanks AGAIN lmfao....

The PI told me in their response I could e-mail them in the meantime with any questions, and I'm trying so hard to not to send an e-mail.................................... I just want them to KNOW that this feeling is real and I would not wait even the slightest second to accept LOL ahhhhhhhh what if I'm not even their top choice, I will....... be so heartbroken fml

Ok wait, literally same LOL. My PI said that I could e-mail her in the meantime and I'm literally trying so hard to not just e-mail her questions. UGH, when WILL THIS PROCESS JUST END??? I swear the not knowing is worse than knowing you got rejected, waitlisted etc.

9 minutes ago, checkingmyemail said:

You're bold af, lol. But don't feel bad, 2 PIs never responded to my e-mails, and I feel some kind of way after other PIs have responded... idk. This sh!t sucks

Wait what's the risk in your opinion? My brain isn't working 

6 minutes ago, ventiamericano said:

Ok wait, literally same LOL. My PI said that I could e-mail her in the meantime and I'm literally trying so hard to not just e-mail her questions. UGH, when WILL THIS PROCESS JUST END??? I swear the not knowing is worse than knowing you got rejected, waitlisted etc.

Damn, I asked some hard questions to one of the grad students of the lab. Hoping this doesnt burn me. AHHHHHH

16 minutes ago, 41l1!I2 said:

Wait what's the risk in your opinion? My brain isn't working 

I don't think it's a risk at all actualy, if I felt more ballsy/confident, I wish I would've done the same!

I guess my original/irrational fear in doing this was that I didn't want to come off "too strong" to the PI lol, so I played it safe in my e-mail.

14 minutes ago, checkingmyemail said:

I don't think it's a risk at all actualy, if I felt more ballsy/confident, I wish I would've done the same!

I guess my original/irrational fear in doing this was that I didn't want to come off "too strong" to the PI lol, so I played it safe in my e-mail.

I feel this. After I was waitlisted after one of my interviews I just decided to go for it and ask my PI if historically people have been taken off of the waitlist because I still really wanted to work with them. I want to ask what position I'm at in the "queue" (lol) but at the same time don't want to push things, but it also just sucks not knowing because other people have also mentioned receiving an email that simply states being "wait listed" without any mention of "top" or "middle." It's such a stressful time and add onto that that decisions can be made up until April 15th.... Oof. 

1 hour ago, ventiamericano said:

I just did it. No shame, judge me all day. I love them and I want them to know it LMAO. LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS UUUUUGHHHHHHHHHH

I was just at the interview for my dream school yesterday and wish I had had the confidence to gush more about how they were my first choice. I had a bad start to the day (overslept all three of my alarms, arrived late due to my Uber getting lost, the waiting room for candidates was WAY too small so we were all sitting bunched together and my super introvert self NEEDED HER SPACE, etc.)... so yeah, that just threw me off.

It's only been one day (and it's Saturday), but damn I JUST WANNA KNOWWWW.

If I get an offer from this program I'm withdrawing from all other interviews and immediately declining the other offers I'm holding. The fit is just too perfect but I don't know if the faculty see it that way haha...

4 minutes ago, dancedementia said:

I was just at the interview for my dream school yesterday and wish I had had the confidence to gush more about how they were my first choice. I had a bad start to the day (overslept all three of my alarms, arrived late due to my Uber getting lost, the waiting room for candidates was WAY too small so we were all sitting bunched together and my super introvert self NEEDED HER SPACE, etc.)... so yeah, that just threw me off.

It's only been one day (and it's Saturday), but damn I JUST WANNA KNOWWWW.

If I get an offer from this program I'm withdrawing from all other interviews and immediately declining the other offers I'm holding. The fit is just too perfect but I don't know if the faculty see it that way haha...

Trust your gut!!! More often than not, these feelings aren't one-sided. You got this!

I'm so excited about the offer I have especially after just finishing my other interviews, but I just feel like it's too good to be true?? My brain is just like, "There has to be a catch. It can't be as awesome as it seems."

I'm thinking about reaching out to some students to bombard them with questions, but idk. What do you all think?

2 minutes ago, PsychWannabee said:

I'm so excited about the offer I have especially after just finishing my other interviews, but I just feel like it's too good to be true?? My brain is just like, "There has to be a catch. It can't be as awesome as it seems."

I'm thinking about reaching out to some students to bombard them with questions, but idk. What do you all think?

Did you get your letter w/ the offer already? If so, then it's official as hell and you need to own it LOL! Your program was top 10-15 competitive in the country I would say (my opinion), so own that $h!t and go celebrate dude!!!!! No more impostor syndrome, you're in! Yes yoooOooooou ❤️ 

5 minutes ago, PsychWannabee said:

As far as your question goes, I don't think it would be a good idea to bombard them with questions (I'm sure you're joking anyway lol) but its definitely okay to ask students questions especially if you've been accepted. 

7 minutes ago, checkingmyemail said:

Did you get your letter w/ the offer already? If so, then it's official as hell and you need to own it LOL! Your program was top 10-15 competitive in the country I would say (my opinion), so own that $h!t and go celebrate dude!!!!! No more impostor syndrome, you're in! Yes yoooOooooou ❤️ 

Not yet, but I was told it will be coming soon! Thank you for being so supportive throughout this whole process. ?❤️ You're awesome, and I'm so glad your hard work is paying off!!!

5 minutes ago, Keyz said:

As far as your question goes, I don't think it would be a good idea to bombard them with questions (I'm sure you're joking anyway lol) but its definitely okay to ask students questions especially if you've been accepted. 

I'm glad you caught that I was joking lol! Thanks for your advice! I think I will reach out and ask them some questions.

53 minutes ago, PsychWannabee said:

Not yet, but I was told it will be coming soon! Thank you for being so supportive throughout this whole process. ?❤️ You're awesome, and I'm so glad your hard work is paying off!!!

I'm glad you caught that I was joking lol! Thanks for your advice! I think I will reach out and ask them some questions.

Haha no problem. All of the students I've met have been very open about emailing them any questions and one even added me on Facebook at dinner so I had a direct way to contact them if I ever needed anything so hopefully you get some good answers!!!

12 minutes ago, dancedementia said:

I keep on going to the websites of my two top choice programs and just rereading the information over and over again because I am just SO DARN ANTSY. Does anyone else do this? It's not just me, right?!

lmfaooooooo WHY ARE YOU ME. I literally just have their program website as my homepage at this point (almost) and just keep stalking/refreshing, reading things I may have missed.....

and also re-reading my emails with my PI. I’m a f%cking mess. JUST LET ME IN!!!!! ????????

1 hour ago, dancedementia said:

I keep on going to the websites of my two top choice programs and just rereading the information over and over again because I am just SO DARN ANTSY. Does anyone else do this? It's not just me, right?!

Oof this is me. Like maybe there’s some code written in their mission statement that will tell me if I’ll be accepted if I just read it 500x. 

1 hour ago, dancedementia said:

I ESPECIALLY check to see if it’s still “in review” even though I know that means absolutely nothing lol. 

24 minutes ago, dancedementia said:

Why is there a limit to reactions on these boards? I just want to like everyone's replies on this thread because I feel y'all so much.

Yeah I'm already at my limit lol. What are your top two programs thus far?